Portsmouth- most unfortunate club in football

Zatman

They always seem to be in trouble and just when a corner is turn they hit another roadblock. I see their latest owner is up for fraud now.

7 owners now in 5 years. This is what happens when clubs try follow the dream and fail. That 1 FA Cup win doesnt seem worth it now

Well it is what happens when the FA are **** gutless, spineless and clueless and have a fit and proper person owner test that isn't fit for purpose. Although that said it turned out okay for Man City....

As for it not being worth it well in their case I'm not so sure. They were a nothing club going nowhere but backwards 10 years ago, they were in administration and within a game of dropping into League One.

Then came a roller coaster few years during which time they lived beyond their means and had the time of their lives in PL, played in Europe, signed players they could never have dreamed of and won an FA cup.

Now they are in the Championship, probably heading back into administration and might end up in League One. They won't go bust but they will probably have a few tough years.

So was it all worth it? If I was a Pompey fan then I think I'd say "you **** bet it was" as I'd take those few years and an FA Cup win over spending 10 years floating between the Championship and League One.

Portsmouth isn't an example of a club trying to live the dream and failing its an example of a club that had a full on wet dream but all dreams come to an end. Portsmouth fans have woken up and realised they are back where they started but they will always have that cup win and I suspect most are happy they do because they will never achieve anything like it again.

They are unfortunate, for sure. Not the only or most unlucky. Trent's right about the F&PP "test". They've had a succession of clowns, chancers and otherwise dodgy people "own" them. For it to happen once is unlucky, but about (I dunno) 5 or so in a row is terrible luck on the fans and staff.

Meh, it has been a more entertaining ride than the ten years of lower mid Championship table than they were probably expecting to happen before all of this started.

Â