Ashley Young's return to VP

hogso

By chance I was at the Man United v Newcastle game on Saturday and was sitting right next to the tunnel. I happened to have my villa gloves on me and decided to try and give them to Ash when he went into the tunnel at half time. Unfortunately i wasn't near enough to literally give them to him so had to lob them in his general direction. I envisaged him catching them, noticing my claret and blue beanie, thanking me for the gloves and re-appearing in them for the second half having remembered how well he did for us at VP. Unfortunately, he didn't hear me and one of the gloves landed on his head and the other went onto the floor and the rest of the players trod on them and they got all wet and soggy and I was warned never to do such a thing again by a steward. Oh well.

hahaha :D

My seat at VP is next to the tunnel - 3rd row back, about 6 seats in. If anyone has any requests as to what I should throw/shout at Ash, feel free to make some suggestions.

Why would he not get a good reception?

I would be very surprised if literally everyone gave him a good reception. The majority will for sure, and as much as I'm certain no one would boo him, I would expect there are those who will be completely impartial to him.

The guy always gave 100% for our club and it was a pleasure having him here - he's too good for our current standards and is now a part of a team going for the title and Champions League. Natural progression and we shouldnt feel any harder done by then Watford did when we took him from them.

His highlight for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAiaIqOMHo

The guy always gave 100% for our club and it was a pleasure having him here - he's too good for our current standards and is now a part of a team going for the title and Champions League. Natural progression and we shouldnt feel any harder done by then Watford did when we took him from them.

His highlight for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAiaIqOMiHo[/quot

I know another player that fits that description gave twice as much service

to the club but he gets dogs abuse when he comes back

Cheered and applauded him for years as a Villa player but now he's a Man Ure player so why would I clap and applaud him ? He's just an opposition player out to destroy us at the first opportunity - hardly something any Villa fan should be celebrating ! He gave us plenty over the years but we gave him even more in return so Saturday is about the present, not the past - and watch out for those crosses if you are in the stands !!!

Best player we have had in the last 10 years at least

i agreed richard. mons best signing and one of the best wingers we have ever had. could have been a legend had he stayed. but will always get a great reception from me.

i just hope he doesnt kiss the badge in front of us like yorke did.

ash was a terrific player for us and has always shown respect to us will get a great reception i am sure

His highlight for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAiaIqOMiHo[/quot

I know another player that fits that description gave twice as much service

to the club but he gets dogs abuse when he comes back

The way in which GB departed has resulted in the reaction he gets. For me I don't waste my time "hating" other players and will always appreciate the service Barry gave us.

Cheered and applauded him for years as a Villa player but now he's a Man Ure player so why would I clap and applaud him ? He's just an opposition player out to destroy us at the first opportunity - hardly something any Villa fan should be celebrating ! He gave us plenty over the years but we gave him even more in return so Saturday is about the present, not the past - and watch out for those crosses if you are in the stands !!!

I sort of agree. He's told Sky he wants a win so yeah clap at the start but thats it. He's just an opponent now. Hope he gets broken in half. :lol:

This. Far too many are getting teary eyed about his return on this thread for my liking. He was a good player for us, and I have warmed to his petulance over time, but as Paul says he is now on the opposition. He was business-like about his move to United, and we should be business-like with our response to him.

I can't help but think the Aston Villa mentality of recent years sums this situation up - what other fans would seem positively excited about welcoming a former player back to us? Let's hope our players don't show him so much respect otherwise we'll get raped.

A polite clap if he acknowledges us at the start is fair enough, but christ some people are making out he was some sort of Villa legend.

What a pathetic question. I hope no-one gets seriously injured. But I would always back the fitness of a Villa player, over an opposition player, obviously. It doesn't matter who they are. You need to accept the fact he's gone and get over it.

As for Young being a Villa legend, don't make me laugh. That word is used far too cheaply these days and insults the true legends of this club and game as a whole...

His winner against Everton was one of my best Villa memories. I miss him, but I always knew he'd eventually be off to United- even when we first signed him I remember Fergie talking him up.

I can't see a reason to boo him. I'd save the boos for Downing and MON.

Lets put it this way. Hutton and Young go in for a 50/50, one gets seriously injured. Who do you hope it is? Exactly...

i remember villa away v man utd, first time we played them since Colin Gibson signed for them...... wasn`t nice seeing Colin stretchered off

I'll clap him as he did nothing wrong in the way he left. I have fond memories of his time with us and it's quite sad how far we have fallen in the space of two years...

Certainly not one of our greatest players, yet one of the better ones we have had in recent years. I would put the likes of Laursen and Milner above him when it comes to quality though.

This. Far too many are getting teary eyed about his return on this thread for my liking. He was a good player for us, and I have warmed to his petulance over time, but as Paul says he is now on the opposition. He was business-like about his move to United, and we should be business-like with our response to him.

I can't help but think the Aston Villa mentality of recent years sums this situation up - what other fans would seem positively excited about welcoming a former player back to us? Let's hope our players don't show him so much respect otherwise we'll get raped.

A polite clap if he acknowledges us at the start is fair enough, but christ some people are making out he was some sort of Villa legend.

I agree with this. Young is NOT a Villa legend. Great player for us, but that's it. I'd say the only player we have right now who I'd class as a "Villa Legend" is Gabby.

Lets put it this way. Hutton and Young go in for a 50/50, one gets seriously injured. Who do you hope it is? Exactly...
Ridiculous. One's an opposition player and one's a Villa player. As a Villa fan I would've thought there'd be no question of who you'd rather be injured. :|

Â