Ashley Young's return to VP

hogso

Will anyone not be clapping him on his return?

He left on very good circumstances - those being, we knew he was going to go, he didn't say otherwise, and he hasn't slagged us off since - which is about as good as you can get in the modern game, I believe.

I will always remember his time here very fondly, yes he was frustrating at times, but I think alot of that (hindsight is a wonderful thing) was down to the fact that was the best player in the team, so it was easy to point the finger at him when he/the team as a whole didnt perform.

As much as it will make me puke a little bit seeing his weedy little arms in a red shirt coming out of our tunnel, I will clap him all the same, and would encourage the same from the rest of our fans.

...now having said that, watch him score and kiss their badge in front of the Holte or something equally ridiculous... :evil:

I'll be cheering him.

Certainly deserves a good reception.

Very much this.

I miss him. Shame it took him leaving to make some realise how important to us he was.

this this this

Wasn't his fault he wanted to leave , the club could never achieve what he wanted to. If we could he would still be here

Best player we have had in the last 10 years at least

I'll be clapping him, I just hope the fans don't spend the entire game singing about him instead of our own team.

Im more up for singing his name for 90 minutes than about half of our shower of shite.

Are our players really that unlikable? :?

I'll be clapping him, I just hope the fans don't spend the entire game singing about him instead of our own team.

Im more up for singing his name for 90 minutes than about half of our shower of shite.

Are our players really that unlikable? :?

Well, Iv never been this uninterested in a group of players. I like the ones that try to pass and keep the ball. Bannan, Ireland, Jenas, Clark and even Makoun, but they just dont start. Instead we have idiots like Hutton, Collins who hoof it in the air. Heskey keeps playing and that is through no fault of his own but hes just shit to watch. We play Herd/Petrov/Delph, who together all offer the same thing.

I did love Youngy though, he reminds me of a better time.

By chance I was at the Man United v Newcastle game on Saturday and was sitting right next to the tunnel. I happened to have my villa gloves on me and decided to try and give them to Ash when he went into the tunnel at half time. Unfortunately i wasn't near enough to literally give them to him so had to lob them in his general direction. I envisaged him catching them, noticing my claret and blue beanie, thanking me for the gloves and re-appearing in them for the second half having remembered how well he did for us at VP. Unfortunately, he didn't hear me and one of the gloves landed on his head and the other went onto the floor and the rest of the players trod on them and they got all wet and soggy and I was warned never to do such a thing again by a steward. Oh well.

Â