Olympic Football

Don_Simon

Having seen on Twitter that 1.5 million more Olympics tickets were released, ive just bought some tickets to the mens football quarterfinal in Cardiff on August 4th.

No idea who will be playing, (hoping for a Nicaragua v Burma, or something similar!), just going for a few beerios and a day out.

Anyone else going to see any Olympic footy? Seemed to cause quite a reaction amongst my chums. Some massively up for something a bit different, and some surprisingly passionate that football shouldnt be an Olympic sport.

I am only five miles down the road from Coventry City, I'd like to catch a game or two there (I think 12 games are scheduled for Coventry) but Ill be **** if I am buying tickets six months in advance. Ill get some on the day as I will be stunned if every game is sold out.

I have tickets for Wembley on 1st Aug, my birthday, was hoping for a GB match really, but they're elsewhere that day. Will make a good day of it in and around London regardless if it is Spain vs. Brazil or New Zealand vs. Swaziland :D

• 2 months later...
Wanted to bump this thread with the seven Villa players possibley called up. Baker, Delfouneso, Gardner, Bent, Collins, Hutton, and Bannan.

Just wondered who people would pick in a GB 11?

Hutton?! If they're that desperate, I'll put my name forward for selection!

No Benty in the Euros then?

I have tickets for Wembley on 1st Aug, my birthday

That's my birthday too! High five! Wait a minute, you're not my brother are you? :shock:

:D What year??

That's my birthday too! High five! Wait a minute, you're not my brother are you? :shock:

Ah, you live in Nuneaton so you aren't my brother *phew*.

1980, a vintage year 8)

Gosh I hadn't realised Albrighton wasn't mentioned. Terrible exclusion if true!

Ah, you live in Nuneaton so you aren't my brother *phew*.

1980, a vintage year 8)

Oh quite a few years before me than. We can still be Aug 1st bro-chums though :)

according to Sky yesterday they are the tickets they cant get rid of as seems lack of interest. Which is strange as Brazil will be bringing some big name players like Ganso and Neymar and maybe even Ronaldinho

Â