Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In fairness, Stevo didn’t say this woman was his ex’s friend.

The way Ben has written it, it comes across like this woman wanted something “proper” with Ben, he doesn’t, she finds out his girlfriend is pregnant, then let’s the cat out of the bag out of spite. 

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick and the ex and the other woman are (were) good friends, but it doesn’t read like that’s a given.

No you've got it pretty much spot on.

• Thanks 1

It’s a pretty shitty thing for her to do I think. 

Whether one should confess to an affair, or whether you keep quiet, leaving the other person in blissful ignorance and the person who had the liaison should quietly suffer the guilt…there are valid arguments to both sides.

But it’s certainly not the place for this woman to tell someone she doesn’t know. Especially as she knows a child is now involved. Spiteful.

• Like 3

Agree with @Mark Albrighton on this. The spurned woman was vindictive and spiteful in telling a pregnant woman, that she didn't know, that her partner was cheating. She had nothing to gain, but revenge. You hurt me, I'm going to destroy your world, sort of thing.

Obviously doesn't make what @Stevo985 did acceptable in any way, but it should have been his decision to say something, or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

I think you have to let her know in time but also be, and make it clear to her that you are, under no illusion that it’s something you expect or would even understand. Has to be her choice.

Best of luck and while you’ll rightly be beating yourself up and hearing what a shitty thing to do it was, it doesn’t make you a terrible person and you made a mistake you sound ready to accept the consequences for.

You know, I see often enough, people undermine and deny almost to disqualification other peoples feelings, even their own feelings, and women are included in that.

I'm not applauding what this 'mistress' has done, however nor will I swing the gavel down on her like it's my place to, especially by saying that it's not her place to speak on certain matters that have nothing to do with her. This matter has nothing to do with me.

The situation is undesirable, and sensitive, best not to exacerbate the situation. Ignorance is in no way bliss, and that adage irks me, like this experience is better off being missed out on. That's a mindset I do not share.

Stevo, I'm not here to pry into your life, I like you though, so I hope you can come to terms with what you have done. Because you did it for a reason. Whatever that may be, and you matter too.

One thing I said to my father just two or three weeks ago, was that I understood why he did what he did and that I love him regardless. That's 25 years after he cheated, a quarter century.

That's after all the emotional turmoil I've endured as I was raised by my single mother. I'm just glad at some point she channeled that rage into being the fighter that we needed her to be. Enough about me though.

Honestly, if you want a chat, do yourself, her, and your soon to be world within a world a solid deed and talk about what's going on. If people's response is disappointing, let them be disappointments, you were at least true to your feelings. 

I'm more than happy to discuss anything with you, you're certainly someone I have time for. No hard feelings in any case. I trust you in this, I do, but wanted to offer my thoughts, obviously you'll take or leave them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

You know, I see often enough, people undermine and deny almost to disqualification other peoples feelings, even their own feelings, and women are included in that.

I'm not applauding what this 'mistress' has done, however nor will I swing the gavel down on her like it's my place to, especially by saying that it's not her place to speak on certain matters that have nothing to do with her. This matter has nothing to do with me.

I'm kind of the same now. I was really angry when she first did it but I understand why, even though I think it was nasty of her.

But I'm not exactly in a position to judge people

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm kind of the same now. I was really angry when she first did it but I understand why, even though I think it was nasty of her.

But I'm not exactly in a position to judge people

Firstly ... judging people, her,  yourself even, is a waste of time. But it does show she had a trait in her that you likely did not like.

Understanding that there are causes ... a myriad of causes, some of them competing for our actions is a good start, I think.

afterthought
Would would be the "causes" that would make your wife to consider renewing the relationship?

As to getting back together with your wife ...  I wish you all the best in that endeavour. 

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The bottom line is that about half of all people, men and women, cheat at some point in a monogamous relationship.

Indeed.

Long time VT members might remember the name "Toonlass"...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

That may be before my time; what happened there?

heh, not sure I should go there. She was a Newcastle fan after all (but not a Jawdee).

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Well...she joined this site as a Jawdee fan. We got chatting via PM, next thing I know I'm getting a load of tasty nude pics in my inbox.

It was pretty obvious what she wanted, so I gave it to her. All in my murky past, I don't do shit like that anymore ;)

spacer.png

And now she's a Sunderland fan? 

• Haha 1

Â