Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

When we are in the mood I have to adopt a corny European accent, like a German detective , and my missus goes by the name “The Lady Of Leisure “ . My bedroom name is The Waffle Man . All a bit silly really , but just a bit of fun when we are in character .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When we are in the mood I have to adopt a corny European accent, like a German detective , and my missus goes by the name “The Lady Of Leisure “ . My bedroom name is The Waffle Man . All a bit silly really , but just a bit of fun when we are in character .

As long as Mrs Ruge isn’t The Blue Waffle Lady….

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I am honestly never sure when you're taking the piss.

In Ruge’s, ahem, leisure activites, there is probably plenty of piss being both given and taken. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Please tell me the cucumbers and hair straightens are not strictly being used for their usual uses too? 

Yeah all in their proper places now. Unfortunately that’s how things go sometimes, things go normal. Normal is nice though. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I dread to think what comes out of the cupboards when the waffle man is in town.

Salted Caramel ice cream , whipped cream and toffee sauce mainly. Just when you think things can’t get any stickier...they get a whole lot stickier .

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Salted Caramel ice cream , whipped cream and toffee sauce mainly. Just when you think things can’t get any stickier...they get a whole lot stickier .

So a dessert waffle then? I was hoping it was a Birdseye potato waffle! 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quite confident I just got given the flick by a woman I was seeing. I'll give a bit of backstory.

She asks a close friend of mine for my number after meeting me for the second or third time. He asks her if it's important, and she says it is. She says she really likes me. He doesn't want to give out my number without asking me first, so he does (asks me first). Just prior to that, and the last time I had seen her, we had both been spending time at this close friend of mines flat discussing all things life. I decide it's time for me to go and do some solo training for basketball so I make my way out, and as the elevator doors down the hall close to take me downstairs, she yells "hold the lift" and so I do. She follows me to the basketball court not far from the flats and when we get to the court I say, "well this is me". I got the feeling she wanted a hug so I hugged her. We go our separate ways. I left that session at the basketball court daydreaming about reaching out to this girl and how I would go about it, what I would say when I did, and all that. Later that day, or the next day, I get the call from my friend telling me she had asked for my number, so he gives me hers and I make contact.

One thing he mentioned during the conversation, at least this is what I remember him saying, was that when she asked for my number she had also made mention of wondering if she was too experienced for me.

Move forward a few days and I've stayed over night at her place, we just spent the night cuddling and talking in bed. Her two year old son had a restless night and so he was with us for a few hours, he's been comfortable with me since our first meeting. Great kid. We had pancakes for breakfast and she was happy for me to stay longer but I had a meeting I had to attend so I got an Uber and left. Another night or two later and I stayed over again and we hooked up. Again, as always, conversation is free flowing and I feel we are both having a nice time. In the morning a friend of hers comes over for her hair to be done. I stay a while, and keep the young fella amused with spinning my basketball on my finger and flicking an elastic band at the roof, but within an hour or two I go on with my day.

She's gone completely cold on me. In no way aggressive, but at one point quite standoffish. I don't know what to make of it. I did keep her waiting two nights ago and never ended up coming over to her place, however we are in lockdown and I had to see to something that meant curfew kicked in before I could get to hers. I also suspect that this is not the issue, and am guessing that she wasn't satisfied in the bedroom.

Anyway, that's my story.

Edited by A'Villan

Don't be hard on yourself @A'Villan - women can be strange beasts at times. It's probably a mountain out of a molehill. 

To be fair, it's probably a good thing this happened after date 2 and not further down the road when you've become more attached to her. 

(Just an aside - you didn't take @rjw63's usual advice and attempted to DHUTWU?) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â