Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn’t do that at all 

I would do the first bit but not the second bit comes across a bit  cheesy and might scare her off.

But the first but is a good idea.  You can usually tell by her response. Women get jealous and off with you if you start talkinv about other women if they are into you

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The girl is going through some emotional shit at the moment, the last thing she needs is to be ‘tested’ by a close friend.

be there for her, if you truly care about her and be a friend. If things develop and progress, then happy days. 

put the male ego, needing to know if it is loved, to one side for five minutes. 

Yeah i hear what your saying mate but thats acting like a friend not a woman you want to get with.

If he tries be her counsellor it will most likely end with him being in the friend zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Right...here we go..........this is what i was thinking.........and this is how i would test her to find that out :

Tell her you "think you've met someone" and you think you're quite keen. See how she reacts. If she's obviously delighted for you, wants to know more etc., then it looks like you're in her friendzone, well and truly.

If she goes a bit quiet/moody/sulky then the green-eyed monster has entered the room & you could be on to a winner..........and then you say "actually........ACTUALLY......this girl is YOU"

It's a bit around the houses but at least you're not putting her on the spot; not to begin with anyway. Just depends on the reaction you get.

She'll be moody whether she's properly in love with him or not.

Not wanting him to be with anyone else doesn't mean she really wants to be with him

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I would do the first bit but not the second bit comes across a bit  cheesy and might scare her off.

But the first but is a good idea.  You can usually tell by her response. Women get jealous and off with you if you start talkinv about other women if they are into you

See above. not a good idea imo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

See above. not a good idea imo

Well, it's just a guess/long shot........seeing as i dont know the girl......it might work - who knows ?

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Well, it's just a guess/long shot........seeing as i dont know the girl......it might work - who knows ?

Like I said, a woman can be jealous and not want a man to be with someone else without having real feelings (and men by the way)

I have a friend who is happily in a relationship, but she has a guy who she has been on and off with in the past and she is visibly upset if he ever gets another girlfriend. She will never be with him, she doesn't want to be with him, but she is still upset if he's with someone else.

It's not fair, but I bet it's pretty common.

So this woman being upset that Leemond is seeing someone else doesn't necessarily mean she's ready to end her marriage to be with him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said, a woman can be jealous and not want a man to be with someone else without having real feelings (and men by the way)

I have a friend who is happily in a relationship, but she has a guy who she has been on and off with in the past and she is visibly upset if he ever gets another girlfriend. She will never be with him, she doesn't want to be with him, but she is still upset if he's with someone else.

It's not fair, but I bet it's pretty common.

So this woman being upset that Leemond is seeing someone else doesn't necessarily mean she's ready to end her marriage to be with him.

Man this guy girl sounds like a  very strange person.  Why would you be jealous if someone you have no interest in gets a gf?

Wierd

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Man this guy girl sounds like a  very strange person.  Why would you be jealous if someone you have no interest in gets a gf?

Wierd

Because people are weird.

You've never been jealous when an ex girlfriend gets a new fella?

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wierd

Don't want to be with them but don't want anybody else to be with them. I think this is a pretty common thing. 

• Like 2

@leemond2008 I think this is one of those situations where you really do need to say how you feel ASAP, otherwise it will become a kooky unfulfilled sexual tension thing like Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, that will just eat away at you.

But if you decide to do that, you need to be prepared for her saying that's not how she sees it, and then probably telling him as well.

It's one thing losing your mate for a woman (bad), but another thing losing your mate for a woman who never even lets you DHUTWU (very bad).

Personally I've been in a similar situation with a married woman - but I wasn't good friends with her husband, he was a word removed to her... I didn't really feel any guilt and it wouldn't have wrecked any friendships.

It still didn't work out, because frankly a lot of people (men and women) in situations like that are using the third wheel as a stepping stone out of the relationship or a chance to enjoy a bit of attention. But as others have said, it can work out, and I have a mate who's happily married with kids after doing something similar.

Whatever, the only way to sort it out is to take control of the situation and talk openly about it. Like I said, if you keep biding your time waiting for the right moment, it'll never come, and you'll be in limbo.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because people are weird.

You've never been jealous when an ex girlfriend gets a new fella?

Thats a completely different question and scenerio. If your the one breaking up with the ex then surely you wouldnt be jealous. I have not been jealous of any of my exs that i have broke it off with. As there is a reason they are an ex.

Now if its a ex that you was really into who broke up with you then jealousy may come into it as a normal emotion in that circumstance. 

But i dont see where that fits in this scenario unless i missed that they use to date? If they have never dated why would she be jealous if he finds another woman if she has no feelings for him?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Don't want to be with them but don't want anybody else to be with them. I think this is a pretty common thing. 

Yeah thankfully i have had this. Its a very wierd and possessive trait i think.  But as stevo said people are wierd

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a completely different question and scenerio. If your the one breaking up with the ex then surely you wouldnt be jealous. I have not been jealous of any of my exs that i have broke it off with. As there is a reason they are an ex.

Now if its a ex that you was really into who broke up with you then jealousy may come into it as a normal emotion in that circumstance. 

But i dont see where that fits in this scenario unless i missed that they use to date? If they have never dated why would she be jealous if he finds another woman if she has no feelings for him?

Yes they used to date. 

I mentioned a few times my idiot mate and his dafter missus causing loads of shit that in the end meant I had to drop his a mate, anyway she found me on one of the dating apps and sent me a message which has always been my biggest nightmare with these **** things.  I'm surprised she is actually on there, I always assumed he found his women on the dark web they are so rotten.  I just could've done without it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I mentioned a few times my idiot mate and his dafter missus causing loads of shit that in the end meant I had to drop his a mate, anyway she found me on one of the dating apps and sent me a message which has always been my biggest nightmare with these **** things.  I'm surprised she is actually on there, I always assumed he found his women on the dark web they are so rotten.  I just could've done without it.

Did you meet up with her

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

DHUTWU

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â