Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Tell me about it. Scary fast. I still remember all the anxiety early on >_<

I think I made a few "jokes" about it.. Sorry about that.. 

Had my 7 year anniversary on the 5th March..  Been with my wife since I was 16 in 2004. 

I've now lived more of my life with her than without her.   

God I'm miserable.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

In my current case, difficult to agree to disagree when my opinion means we go on holiday (Gran Canaria) and hers means we stay at home and lose hundreds of quid.

Mate, you can take my Mrs to Florida if you like? 

All paid for. You’ll get the Disney dining plan and we’ve even booked in to the ‘Coronavirus Party’, where Mickey and Minnie will come in and do tests on you dressed as doctors. 

If you really want to up your chances of catching it, we’ve got tickets for all the water parks and a basketball game too. 

PM your deets. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I think I made a few "jokes" about it.. Sorry about that.. 

Had my 7 year anniversary on the 5th March..  Been with my wife since I was 16 in 2004. 

I've now lived more of my life with her than without her.   

God I'm miserable.. 

I have been with my wife in one capacity or another for a ridiculous number of years. I have been with her longer than without her, despite my attempts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else literally had enough of spending so much time with their partners inside 4 walls yet? 

F**k me i think im going take all my stuff to work and live there from tomorrow onwards! The machines buzzing and whirring all day are 10 fold much easier to listen to and be around!

42 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Anyone else literally had enough of spending so much time with their partners inside 4 walls yet? 

F**k me i think im going take all my stuff to work and live there from tomorrow onwards! The machines buzzing and whirring all day are 10 fold much easier to listen to and be around!

Gotta have a straight and honest conversation. It’s a different part of your life and you probably work differently.

Day 1 we had the chat and it was clearly going to be the case we work very differently so we WFH in different rooms. Don’t see each other for hours.

Works for us, anyway.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Gotta have a straight and honest conversation. It’s a different part of your life and you probably work differently.

Day 1 we had the chat and it was clearly going to be the case we work very differently so we WFH in different rooms. Don’t see each other for hours.

Works for us, anyway.

Mate i think ive had enough tbh, ive had a lot of demons to deal with recently and without blowing my own trumpet ive done remarkably well. Ive proved to myself i can do it too which ive never believed in. Its been tough and  ive had no support, no recognition nothing from her indoors.. and even when i have said oh its been x amount todays today i just get some half arsed answer whilst she is watching some brain dead reality tv boll*cks on the tv.

Spending more time with her like i have had too past 3 weeks is absolutely driving me mental. Im not allowed to have feelings etc im a bloke.... Ive been with her just over 10 years now and tbh if things carry on the way they are then im gone as soon as this virus lockdown etc is over. I dont want to go but i have the same issues with her that ive had for years, she never listens to and adjusts just the same old bull which is all my fault apparently. Sorry for the rant!

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 3

I’m furloughed from tomorrow and the other half definitely won’t be (works for a supermarket)

so we’ve already realised we’ll drive each other mental if we’re in the same room. 

She’ll be working from the bedroom which we’ll set up as a little office. I’ll be doing absolutely nothing for a month in the lounge 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m furloughed from tomorrow and the other half definitely won’t be (works for a supermarket)

so we’ve already realised we’ll drive each other mental if we’re in the same room. 

She’ll be working from the bedroom which we’ll set up as a little office. I’ll be doing absolutely nothing for a month in the lounge 😂

This is why il be moving to work with the machines if i have another day like today!!!!! Enjoy your lounge time, only time i get in mine is when im on the sofa for the night... that will be tonight 🤣

• Haha 1

Ah you’re starting from a different base point from where I started WFH last week, and I’m sorry for you on that.

I think there will be an awful lot of people in your position. Without commenting on you and yours, as I know no background, if it does put relationships in focus for a few people that could well end up being a good thing. We’re not here very long and then we’re dead for quite a while. So best try your best to enjoy the experience AND not contribute to other people’s lives being stifled.

That is not a recommendation to leave! That’s a big nebulous ‘be happy’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah you’re starting from a different base point from where I started WFH last week, and I’m sorry for you on that.

I think there will be an awful lot of people in your position. Without commenting on you and yours, as I know no background, if it does put relationships in focus for a few people that could well end up being a good thing. We’re not here very long and then we’re dead for quite a while. So best try your best to enjoy the experience AND not contribute to other people’s lives being stifled.

That is not a recommendation to leave! That’s a big nebulous ‘be happy’.

Im with you mate, im working the be happy bit out in my head at the moment. This lockdown might inadvertently just push me a little more towards being happy and into making a decsion of been brewing on for a while now!

• Like 2

My wife is in the belief that her work is more important than mine, and considering what she is currently helping set up, it is. But I think in every relationship one party feels that their work is more important. 

I have set up a desk for her in the spare room as she is on the phone a lot and I find it **** irritating. We dont really see each other during the day other than one bringing the other a cuppa. Usually me as clearly I am her bitch. What I have seen though, I would jack it in if I was part of her team. She is incapable of any praise at all. 

• Like 1

We’re in a position where her work is clearly more important than mine, that’s beyond debate. But mine pays double what hers does. 

Day 1, I said I don’t do coffee rounds in the office, I won’t be doing them at home before 5:00pm and nobody is to even comment on the amount of black coffee I put away and the resultant number of trips to the loo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

We’re in a position where her work is clearly more important than mine, that’s beyond debate. But mine pays double what hers does. 

Day 1, I said I don’t do coffee rounds in the office, I won’t be doing them at home before 5:00pm and nobody is to even comment on the amount of black coffee I put away and the resultant number of trips to the loo.

I should have took that approach. 

• Like 1

I'm going to be that guy, I'm afraid, chaps.

My lady and I have both been working from home for the last three weeks, both working in the spare room as a shared office. We've been absolutely fine and she's a far better office buddy than anyone I work with (many of them are noisy, annoying or just plain arseholes), we're both quiet and just get on with it.

I can't listen to any music with lyrics as it's too distracting for me (I'm a book editor so I need to concentrate on reading), whereas she's a graphic designer and finds it difficult to work in silence. We've been listening to movie scores or lo-fi hip-hop since that's what I mainly listen to as I work, but if she fancies something a little louder, one of us will just stick headphones on.

I've dated women in the past who would have been absolute nightmares to live and work with, but my girlfriend really is the epitome of low maintenance. I realise I'm very lucky.

The only thing she won't put up with is laziness, and I've just been furloughed for the next three weeks. To be fair, I get annoyed at myself if I'm unproductive for too long, so I'm finally going to get some projects done now I have no excuse not to.

I'll also probably be posting here a lot more though, but don't tell her I said that. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

She moved out tonight. Everything I touch turns to shit. 

Sorry to hear that mate :( 

Â