Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My wife can be a bit snappy sometimes but she'll admit it and apologise.

A good 'un ;)

You punch well above your weight Roberto, she's a lovely lady 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Oh I'm fine with compromises. I'm not *that* stubborn yet that I realise I can have all my cake and eat it when I want! I think I've just had my fingers burnt in the past and been involved in a few unhealthy relationships. Nothing physical but more emotional and behavioural. When you meet someone you really like, a few tweaks here and there is fine in terms of compromises but having someone continually chip away at you and trying to change your personality then its not on. As Mikey said about his ex, I don't want to have someone who ignores me because I cheated on her in her dreams and she gets the hump. That is nothing short of batshit mental. 

I'd love nothing more than to meet my soul mate, my partner in crime, my best buddy, etc but perhaps I'm subconsciously less open to 'letting people in' now. I'm fine with my own company in general but like this week, a couple of days in the Cotswolds, it would have been lovely to share that with someone. Sit down to dinner and drinks in the evening. Its not even the physical side I miss most, its more the companionship, like you say. 

I'm a fairly simple guy when it comes to relationships. I don't lie, I don't say one thing and mean another, I don't over promise and under deliver and I don't cheat... probably because i'm a terrible liar and wouldn't be able to cope with the stress! I'm sure there are plenty of women out there for me but they're well hidden at present! I've had a couple of opportunities in the last few months with women but as I know them too well (via work and a friend of a friend) I know some of the mental shit they have pulled in the past. Got no time for that. 

This is exactly where I’m at 

(awts VT response that we should get together, especially as we all know what you like to do in Thailand 🍆:P)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

(awts VT response that we should get together, especially as we all know what you like to do in Thailand 🍆:P)

Nothing but scurrilous rumours and hearsay :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 02/02/2020 at 12:12, mikeyp102 said:

This is exactly where I’m at 

19SXP35.gif

Edited by mottaloo

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Reckon he’d be interested in someone with 3 out of 4?

Nah, he’s done now, happy as anything.

The only slightly awkward thing for me, we sort of go to gigs as a foursey, with her sister making up the four. Perfectly good fun, they’ve got good gig etiquette. But I do not have a clue what her sister’s name is and it’s sort of gone on too long to ask now. I just know at some point I’m going to have to confront it. It’s really difficult to say something along the lines of ‘now we’ve been to gigs in London, Cardiff, Chepstow, Bristol, Gloucester and a few other places over the last few years...what’s your name?’  I’ve already warned my missus that if we do meet up in a wider social thing I will not be doing formal introductions. 

Which obviously means my missus will now march in and announce ‘are you going to introduce us?’ Because she thinks she’s reeeeally funny.

Love that @chrisp65 😂

Reminds me of that person in the office you speak to at the coffee machine on day one and two years later still don’t know their name so you just go for “heyyy mate”. Thankfully my new company has everyone’s pictures online so I can stalk to avoid the awkwardness...unless they walk behind me when I’ve got a photo of them on my screen.

I hope your wife does do the introduction thing. I got someone with that before. He got away with it but was fun to watch the squirming.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Love that @chrisp65 😂

Reminds me of that person in the office you speak to at the coffee machine on day one and two years later still don’t know their name so you just go for “heyyy mate”. Thankfully my new company has everyone’s pictures online so I can stalk to avoid the awkwardness...unless they walk behind me when I’ve got a photo of them on my screen.

I hope your wife does do the introduction thing. I got someone with that before. He got away with it but was fun to watch the squirming.

Used to be a director at my place of work, I used to have to a lot of presentations to him a while back but then not so much as I changed jobs. When we’d cross paths he’d be “hi mate, you ok?” every time. Clearly didn’t know my name. Used to make me laugh as he was trying to be friendly.

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Used to be a director at my place of work, I used to have to a lot of presentations to him a while back but then not so much as I changed jobs. When we’d cross paths he’d be “hi mate, you ok?” every time. Clearly didn’t know my name. Used to make me laugh as he was trying to be friendly.

I find it quite funny too. The thought that you both know one (or both) of you don’t know the others name but can’t bring yourself to actually address it.

Not really the right place, but I don’t think there’s one for spinsters...

As the perennially sad single I forget about Valentine’s Day every year without fail until I walk into a shop or bar/restaurant and am really confused by it being so busy.

This year I had the depressing realisation when I went in to Hotel Chocolat shopping for myself 😂

19 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

As the perennially sad single I forget about Valentine’s Day every year without fail until I walk into a shop or bar/restaurant and am really confused by it being so busy.

This year I had the depressing realisation when I went in to Hotel Chocolat shopping for myself 😂

Got my missus a few goodies (and it's her birthday tomorrow, double whammy) and didn't have to leave the house.

Internet shopping FTW

On 13/02/2020 at 16:43, Sam-AVFC said:

Wait, what? A female VTer? 

I thought we'd driven them all out? 

This is not the forum to admit you are female! 

Spinster is a horrible word isn't it? I guess the male version is bachelor, but that seems far more "acceptable" in modern times. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

This is not the forum to admit you are female! 

Spinster is a horrible word isn't it? I guess the male version is bachelor, but that seems far more "acceptable" in modern times. 

Bachelor, you say ? There can be only one :

29ea6f13d8bf5e8ddd059618613207df.jpg

• Like 1

Â