Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I think the comments will always be skewed on here as it is a 99% male website. 

No doubt some men will play games as well. 

Edited by Xela

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think the comments will always be skewed on here as it is a 99% male website. 

No doubt some men will play games as well. 

Exactly.

Yes there are some but I can guarantee the difference on the tinder would be significantly higher for women than men.

Both sides make valid statements, from differing angles.

@Demitri_C makes comment about tinder, well statistics show that he has a point.

The most attractive men (I forget how that was measured) will still only receive a 'like' swipe on tinder from 20% of women. All women, even those that won't interest these men.

Then, you take into a multitude of other factors and by the end of it all, long story short, even the best looking dudes are not getting laid as often as some may assume.

I forgot the ins and outs of the article, but I do remember one clear point, and that was if you aren't that physically attractive on tinder, you're going to spend your time better elsewhere.

Another focal point of the article was tinder was undoubtedly stacked in women's favour. Different ball game entirely. One has options in abundance, the other not so.

You only have to look at instagram and the culture of young women on there to see his point.

However placing a value judgement on their behaviour is one's own prerogative, that's how you feel about it and will only ever be as true as that.

And that is where @chrisp65 comes in with a statement that should resonate with everybody. Unfortunately it doesn't.

The angles are simply different, offering a perspective that reflects as much.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You bet.

A bit of decency about her might have prompted a better txt to you but what do we expect from some females in this day and age.

For the on looker shes not got off to the best of starts, okay shes gave some notice and in her defence it could have been family or work orientated.

Wait to see what happens Tuesday, and if that doesn't happen then bye bye Sally imo.

Oh you bet, as soon as it's clear she's not interested in a mutually beneficial dynamic, we're done.

I just refuse to jump to conclusions, assume or pass judgement. Waste of my time.

Intuition is telling me she will flake. Few signals have been there, but I've just contradicted my initial statement, ha!

And that's why I can't pass judgement, I took a week to reply to one of her messages, I don't need to justify why, but it helps to understand how others perceive things.

Relationship and feedback is what life is essentially, so a break down in communication, whatever the cause, I know can lead to preconceived notions getting the better of us.

She was all about letting me know her values and mine aligned in the beginning.

Instead of making value judgements or assumptions about women in general or this one in particular, however true, I would rather explore how she experienced things as well.

That helps me to better understand myself and have a greater perspective.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I got engaged last night. It was as much a surprise to me as it was to anyone else. 

Congratulations brother...

Although I'm guessing your other half proposed to you?

Â