Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Anybody ever fallen for their best friend? 

There is something going happening, she has said stuff, me too. It feels odd though. We know way too much about each other. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dick said:

Anybody ever fallen for their best friend? 

There is something going happening, she has said stuff, me too. It feels odd though. We know way too much about each other. 

Yes and it's great. You basically bypass that whole first 6 months of getting to know each other and worrying that you'll find out something you don't like or she does.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Um, well, it takes all sorts, I guess :P

Demmers really is the gift that keeps on giving :D

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going through a really dry spell at the moment, and the longer it goes on the less confidence I have so it goes on even longer. Internet swiping seems to bring back very little (yes I know it means I’m an ugly c but hey). Been on a couple of dates but nothing of interest. Mates don’t help as they are useless, even the ones with gfs dont Have much game.

Thinking of trying a different approach, speed dating or maybe one of those meet up things.. anyone done any? 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Going through a really dry spell at the moment, and the longer it goes on the less confidence I have so it goes on even longer. Internet swiping seems to bring back very little (yes I know it means I’m an ugly c but hey). Been on a couple of dates but nothing of interest. Mates don’t help as they are useless, even the ones with gfs dont Have much game.

Thinking of trying a different approach, speed dating or maybe one of those meet up things.. anyone done any? 

Yep, I tried speed dating once, I’d recommend it. 

I mean it got me nowhere, but it’s a good experience and it could help build your confidence back up. It was held in all bar one in Brum. I was surprised at the number of seemingly nice women there. The website was terribly put together though.

Compared to the few depressing days I spent on POF a few years ago, it’s a very positive experience.

If you’ve got a single friend who would be prepared to go too, that would be even better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you’ve got a single friend who would be prepared to go too, that would be even better.

That’s why I’ve put it off, my single mates are worse than me. Most I’ve never even seen talk to a woman outside of other mates gfs and some just get too drunk (we’re in our thirties so it’s not like they are kids)

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yup - no bother whatsoever, just a day of mild discomfort. 

Same here. Trivial, but eminently sensible. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Ayup mates.

So, who's had the snip?

Yep.

Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky buggers who didn't have the best of times due to some lacklustre medical staff and a problem with the anaesthetic.

You'll be fine though, I think statistically I was in a very small minority.

(Still makes me wince when I recall it though :unsure:)

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My mate thought it’d be a good idea to nip to the post office straight afterwards only to faint in the queue!!  

It was talk of the village for at least a month! 

I took the afternoon off, mainly because I had mine done under a general, rather than local, anaesthetic. 

Yep, I've been done too.

Couple of valium, nurse asked me if they'd had any effect, I said no. She said fine, strip off and we'll start. I stripped off and they did the op.

Chatted shit to them whilst they cut, pulled, tied 'em off and closed me back up.

In hindsight, I think she knew they had kicked in.

Absolutely no problems.  

39 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Wait, what, hoooold it :wacko: You mean there's and option to be awake while your balls are being slit open???

I believe the vast majority of vasectomies in the UK are done with a local anaesthetic. I'd have been quite happy to have had one, but my surgeon said he always used a general, so I just went with that. 

Â