Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I guess I have an update on the girl above.

It's going well. We have had 3/4 dates outside of work now. And it's moving forward. We are clearly into each other. We also meet up at work for 5 mins at a time.

I'm in management so I can disappear whenever I like but she's on a timer for breaks/lunch etc and I could probably make some reason up for her to have to go somewhere with me but I definitely don't want to draw attention to anything.

But all in all, good :)

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I guess I have an update on the girl above.

It's going well. We have had 3/4 dates outside of work now. And it's moving forward. We are clearly into each other. We also meet up at work for 5 mins at a time.

I'm in management so I can disappear whenever I like but she's on a timer for breaks/lunch etc and I could probably make some reason up for her to have to go somewhere with me but I definitely don't want to draw attention to anything.

But all in all, good :)

I would imagine a quickie in the stationery cupboard would be a sacking offence?  :)

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Well, the parting begins, though oddly enough initiated by her. She'd been very anxious for a while again, and it turns out this time, she had been having similar worries about compatability. Added to the kid thing, we both agreed last night to begin breaking up. Feels very weird. After a pretty honest chat, we cuddled, had a giggle over parks and rec and then carried on as normal. It's surreal, as it's as gentle an ending I've known. We'll probably still be living together for a while, but I think we're both slightly relieved, and looking forward to being just close friends instead.

Very odd feeling but as break ups go, I think it's going to be one of the nicest.

Pretty much what happened with me and he ex wife 15 months ago. It’s good not to part on bad terms but it does leave you confused for the next 12 months or so. Almost like if you had of argued and fought than that’s that, it’s clear but as we have remained in touch and stayed friends its never really felt final if that makes sense. It’s an odd situation.

I understand, though I think as there's been a sense of this coming anyway, it'll be reasonably easy to adjust. Obviously will notice it more when she moves out, but that is likely to still be a couple of months or more away yet.

On 11/03/2018 at 10:25, mottaloo said:

I'm pleasantly surprised that my own self respect has stopped me from chasing a woman after 2 good dates (who said she'd call me and arrange another date, but has only WhatsApp'ed me a couple of times).

The old me would've been grateful for any attention but i just can't be arsed with this game playing women take part in. If i hear nothing from her by the end of the weekend then I move on, which is amazing cos she has got crackin' bangers and my brain is currently in my pants !

Update.....this girl has now got in touch this morning apologising for the lack of contact and was i free for a coffee today  ( i am but told her i was at work). What's done my head in is I've arranged to meet a new girl next week and I'm simply not capable of having 2 on the go at once, or for very long anyway. Girl no.2 might turn out to be not for me physically but we've got on really well on the phone  (met her online). No.1 girl sounds like a long term pain but has great hooters..... I've suggested a date on Sunday week but haven't heard back yet.

Lads.....what do I do.....apart from the age old and useful advice that is DHUTWU, for both ? :(

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Update.....this girl has now got in touch this morning apologising for the lack of contact and was i free for a coffee today  ( i am but told her i was at work). What's done my head in is I've arranged to meet a new girl next week and I'm simply not capable of having 2 on the go at once, or for very long anyway. Girl no.2 might turn out to be not for me physically but we've got on really well on the phone  (met her online). No.1 girl sounds like a long term pain but has great hooters..... I've suggested a date on Sunday week but haven't heard back yet.

Lads.....what do I do.....apart from the age old and useful advice that is DHUTWU, for both ? :(

Get your shit in order and bang both FFS, you only live once.

• Haha 1

I'd say go on both dates. If it gets serious with either of them then bin the least favourite one off at the first opportunity.

• Thanks 1

As a Dr the best procedure I can recommend for this is to administer the the slip-n-dicktemy to both. 

• Haha 3

should have gone for a coffee!

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

should have gone for a coffee!

It crossed my mind to go but even though I'm not self centred i was still annoyed at her for leaving me hanging for over a week so i thought to myself "don't be a lapdog"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Did the right thing pal, she ignored you for a week. If she does that at the start of dating then its not a good sign, unless there is a very good excuse and if there was i'm sure she would have told you.

Next!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Did the right thing pal, she ignored you for a week. If she does that at the start of dating then its not a good sign, unless there is a very good excuse and if there was i'm sure she would have told you.

Next!

She said she was busy with work deadlines & has a moody teenage son who was giving her grief this week....both of which i can appreciate. However, she still found time to update her fb status a few times but not to send me a WhatsApp message (until now) which is out of order.

Here's hoping girl no.2 lives up to expectations.....probably jinxed it there now :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

At least get her to WhatsApp you a photo of her milkers. Its the least she can do. 

I can just imagine the scenario........."erm.....one of the VT lads said you should send me a pic of your charlies.....erm....hello......you still there....?!"

10 hours ago, mottaloo said:

It's simple. Go for the one with the big rack!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dick said:

Anybody ever fallen for their best friend? 

There is something going happening, she has said stuff, me too. It feels odd though. We know way too much about each other. 

To be clear, are we talking about your mum?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Anybody ever fallen for their best friend? 

There is something going happening, she has said stuff, me too. It feels odd though. We know way too much about each other. 

They say the best relationships start as friends . I got with a friend that was a girl once many years ago (not best just a friend) lasted only about 8 months. 

Be warned though if it don't work out your friendship will never be the same. You have to evaluate what her friendship means to you it its worth taking it to the next level. 

• Like 2

Â