irreverentad

Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

3 hours ago, H said:

Definitely not the latter, I'd hate that!  I had many, many messages that simply said 'Hello, how are you' and I ignored them all.  I mean, come on, make a slight effort!

I'm not your normal run of the mill female I don't think so maybe my answer isn't the norm but a cheeky line would probably make me cringe so I'd go for the introduction (if it was of interest) or just something perhaps based on my own profile to show they had actually read it rather than were just contacting every single new female in the area that registers (which does seem to happen!).  So, maybe if I'd mentioned music or football they could comment on that, ask who I supported and who they supported, or what bands they were in to.  The two guys I spoke to most from PoF, the first had started with a conversation about music and that the bands I'd listed sounded like his record collection which appealed to me, and the second was talking about Birmingham and pubs etc in the city centre, asking if they were still any good.  It's pretty basic stuff but I'd much rather that as a conversation starter than 'You look well fit'.

The thing is a lot of men on these sites have either low confidence, no game etc so they probably use that latter approach as they are polite and trying to come across like a an ahole like certain ones do! The man probably instead of thinking he is making no effort feels he has balls for messaging the woman. It goes to show how differently men and women think!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate it's a shame they haven't launched that doubles app yet I think we can make good wingmen for each other :)

Im on pof dont really like it. I find it more weirdos and egos. But yes xela get back in the game.being single is good for a while but I think after that I think you can't beat when you have the thrill of getting to know someone 

A dating doubles app? What's all that about?

My mate recommends Match as a decent site, and he did also say that POF does have a few attention seekers and ego maniacs on there. The best ones are meant to be the paid ones, as that filters the chaff out. 

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought about a weekend break away with that girl I'm seeing but just think it's too soon. When does it become not too soon? 6 months onwards? 

I went away with my ex, to Paris, about 8 weeks after our first date. It just felt right and didn't feel too soon at al.

I don't think there is a set time, if it feels right, go for it. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I get that the odd time and then I remember how much I like my free time.  I'm way too selfish with my time to put my name back in the hat as it were :) And it's not fair to string someone along if you don't want to do the relationship thing properly.  One day I'll miss it and the next day I won't.  Now I'm open to the possibility and if someone comes along and bowls me over then great, but I'm quite content for now and I don't see it changing for the foreseeable.

I've had enough of the 'me' time now. Been years since I've been involved in what you would call a serious relationship!

4 hours ago, H said:

I tried POF very, very briefly but was really put off in the first week by the ridiculous messages I received.  Do guys really think a first message saying, 'Hey, do you fancy a shag?' is a good thing? I'm not a particularly great catch but still had a few hundred messages in the first week alone.  Attractive, younger females must get thousands. I just found the whole site a bit tragic to be honest. 

I love the idea of speed dating though so maybe that's something to try in the future.

I do feel sorry for the genuine women on dating sites, like you said, bombarded with messages, and 90% must be just crude messages or a copy and paste generic message. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

So, my only experience of it was a good one. 

My speed dating was in the upstairs of All Bar One.

See, if my experience was as good as yours, I would have tried my luck at another speed dating night soon after.

I had zero interest in the saliva on my tonsils but it was a worthwhile evening regardless.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm pretty sure she would have had the pleasure of my distinctly average sized penis, thrust erratically inside her for a period of no more than four minutes. 

Also - 

"distinctly average"??? 

"four minutes"???

14-Cruel-Intentions-quotes.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

A dating doubles app? What's all that about?

My mate recommends Match as a decent site, and he did also say that POF does have a few attention seekers and ego maniacs on there. The best ones are meant to be the paid ones, as that filters the chaff out. 

On Dragons Den a few weeks ago these two guys came up with a app idea similar to tinder but instead of one person you sign up as doubles (to take away the awkwardness) and you go out as a foursome than a twosome. I actually think that is a really good idea. One of the dragons (I think it was Peter Jones) invested so I would imagine this app will be big in next few years

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

On Dragons Den a few weeks ago these two guys came up with a app idea similar to tinder but instead of one person you sign up as doubles (to take away the awkwardness) and you go out as a foursome than a twosome. I actually think that is a really good idea. One of the dragons (I think it was Peter Jones) invested so I would imagine this app will be big in next few years

God that sounds awful to me.

I'd much rather meet alone than with a mate. Being with a mate on the initial dates would be more awkward imo. 

• Like 1

One of my friends married a girl he met speed dating.

He's dead now, but I'm pretty sure that's unrelated.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd much rather meet alone than with a mate. Being with a mate on the initial dates would be more awkward imo. 

Especially if your mate end up taking over, and then taking both of them back to his for a 3 way

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Especially if your mate end up taking over, and then taking both of them back to his for a 3 way

And filmed it and kept saying "PIEFACE, UR MISSIN OUT, LOOK AT HER WITH THAT IN HER MOUTH.. MATE, ITS **** ACE.. oi, who told you to stop?"

And then sent you the video whilst you're crying at home with your japanese cartooon girl pillow.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

And filmed it and kept saying "PIEFACE, UR MISSIN OUT, LOOK AT HER WITH THAT IN HER MOUTH.. MATE, ITS **** ACE.. oi, who told you to stop?"

And then sent you the video whilst you're crying at home with your japanese cartooon girl pillow.

Voice of experience right there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Ithink it depends on your mate. Like ive had some epic double dates with some of my friends.  It depends on how you get on with each other. Also how dominating they can be.

Imagine though two mates a boy and girl decide to do it in search of another boy and girl.  It could be a laugh or a complete mess

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Destined to become the app of choice for swingers in no time!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

or a complete mess

That can be taken more than one way :twisted:

52 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Destined to become the app of choice for swingers in no time!

I imagine it would also be fairly easy for someone like Tinder to add it as a new format within their own existing app, and with them already having a huge membership I'm surprised a Dragon invested in the other startup, unless it was for relative buttons.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I imagine it would also be fairly easy for someone like Tinder to add it as a new format within their own existing app, and with them already having a huge membership I'm surprised a Dragon invested in the other startup, unless it was for relative buttons.

I think they had this idea protected so tinder coukd not copy them. I guess there could be some kond of obstacles where one person might be fussy and the other not. Or one might be a heffer that noones attracted to so messes the other person up.

The other thing this app had was once you match you can all have a four way conversation that could be A laugh 

Â