Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Because I hold you lot so close to my heart, well some of you ;) I'll let you into a secret. Been thinking about proposing to my wife again, so we can renew our vows, as I completely ruined the last wedding day. Going to do it tonight when the kids are in bed and we are all settled. I'm going to give her my xmas card to her and I've already re drafted the lyrics to black sabbath's "Changes" to write on the card to suit the occasion. The song holds sentimental value as it always was my song to my gran, god bless her soul. After she's read the card, I'm going to get down on one knee again.   I think with all the positive changes that are happening and to end the guilt of past lives it's the right time to do it. I know she needs it too, to move on from that awful day. 

I'm pleased for you but can't help wondering how certain are you that:

1.  she will say yes
  2. organising the day won't cause enough arguments to negate the point of renewing vows
  3. neither of you won't mess the day up again?

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Because I hold you lot so close to my heart, well some of you ;) I'll let you into a secret. Been thinking about proposing to my wife again, so we can renew our vows, as I completely ruined the last wedding day. Going to do it tonight when the kids are in bed and we are all settled. I'm going to give her my xmas card to her and I've already re drafted the lyrics to black sabbath's "Changes" to write on the card to suit the occasion. The song holds sentimental value as it always was my song to my gran, god bless her soul. After she's read the card, I'm going to get down on one knee again.   I think with all the positive changes that are happening and to end the guilt of past lives it's the right time to do it. I know she needs it too, to move on from that awful day. 

Just make sure she hasn't had 3 bottles of wine first :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

I'm pleased for you but can't help wondering how certain are you that:

1.  she will say yes
  2. organising the day won't cause enough arguments to negate the point of renewing vows
  3. neither of you won't mess the day up again?

Who would say no to a chap like me :) it will be a simple renewal, so won't need much planning and will probably be done on a weekend away  somewhere, or even on an holiday. Regarding your last point, well I don't know, but it's a what if and life is full of those. It's important to her and I need to repair what I did that day. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

Who would say no to a chap like me :) it will be a simple renewal, so won't need much planning and will probably be done on a weekend away  somewhere, or even on an holiday. Regarding your last point, well I don't know, but it's a what if and life is full of those. It's important to her and I need to repair what I did that day. 

Good luck chap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good idea mate good luck and let us know how it goes

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Regarding your last point, well I don't know, but it's a what if and life is full of those. It's important to her and I need to repair what I did that day. 

I suggest you forget to pack the hair straighteners then ;) 

seriously good luck to you, renewing vows is something i’ve never considered and doubt I ever will (but horses for courses!) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I suggest you forget to pack the hair straighteners then ;) 

seriously good luck to you, renewing vows is something i’ve never considered and doubt I ever will (but horses for courses!) 

It's not something I'd ever think about doing normally. Once you're married, you're married. I royally **** up that night though, and I really did ruin her big day. It's just about making things right again. 

• Like 1

It's not something I'd ever think about doing normally. Once you're married, you're married. I royally **** up that night though, and I really did ruin her big day. It's just about making things right again. 

Best of luck Ruge.

Lock away the booze, drugs, straighteners and Henry beforehand :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She read the card, then I pulled the mistletoe out, held it above us whilst we kissed, and asked her, if she would do the honour of marrying me again. She cried and said yes :)

5OWd_f-maxage-0.gif

Congrats pal!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She read the card, then I pulled the mistletoe out, held it above us whilst we kissed, and asked her, if she would do the honour of marrying me again. She cried and said yes :)

You've got a good heart in there mate.  All the best to you and the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â