Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I thought a romantic few days in venice kickstarted things, but spending 10 hours by her bed in recuss after she had an anaphylactic shock is a relationship first for me, jesus.

I thought I was going to meet her parents for the first time at her funeral. :mellow:

bloody hell mate!

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's only been a couple of months. That's far too early for meeting the parents. :P 

And seemingly far too early to have shared enough meals to discover any life-threatening allergies either.  This is a **** buddy you're trying to get to the next level isn't it :) 

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

And seemingly far too early to have shared enough meals to discover any life-threatening allergies either.  This is a **** buddy you're trying to get to the next level isn't it :) 

It was a previously undiagnosed penicillin allergy. She was taking amoxicillin for a chest infection, told me she had a weird rash she needed to get checked out, and she felt a bit dizzy. I said I'd come and get her, and her response was 'no need, just cycled to urgent care', the **** lunatic. While she was in the waiting room, her throat closed up. If she'd left it another 5 minutes she'd be gone, she wouldn't even have been able to call an ambulance. It hasn't sunk in yet.

I got there a few minutes after they gave her adrenaline to get her heart going again. Turns out that drug allergies are serious shit.

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was a previously undiagnosed penicillin allergy. She was taking amoxicillin for a chest infection, told me she had a weird rash she needed to get checked out, and she felt a bit dizzy. I said I'd come and get her, and her response was 'no need, just cycled to urgent care', the **** lunatic. While she was in the waiting room, her throat closed up. If she'd left it another 5 minutes she'd be gone. It hasn't sunk in yet.

Bloody hell that's lucky in one way and unlucky in another.  I would have thought a medical professional would test for penicillin allergies before prescribing a penicillin drug, but obviously not (or maybe it was a quack).

Don't linger on it though.  You know now and it all worked out.  No good comes from what ifs.  Move on with your new info and get back to enjoying it all !

• Like 1

Women are bizarre, aren't they?

The love of my life dumped me unceremoniously 17 years ago and last night she found my very well hidden Facebook account and sent me a message to say I was "always in her heart" and that she was sorry if she ever hurt me. Bit late now, love!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

Women are bizarre, aren't they?

The love of my life dumped me unceremoniously 17 years ago and last night she found my very well hidden Facebook account and sent me a message to say I was "always in her heart" and that she was sorry if she ever hurt me. Bit late now, love!

An ex of mine did similar to me fairly recently.

It wasn't as serious a relationship as yours, but she dumped me for some pensioner who she went and married and had two kids with. Then, shockingly, divorced (turns out a 30 year age gap meant they didn't have that much in common).

She messaged me about 2 months ago doing similar. Firstly being angry at me for not keeping in touch! Then saying she'd made the wrong decision and should never have broken up with me.

I was way more polite than I should have been.

Yeah you are definitely better people than me. My reply message would have been "go **** yourself and then die in a hole".

I've accepted the person that I am :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

An ex of mine did similar to me fairly recently.

It wasn't as serious a relationship as yours, but she dumped me for some pensioner who she went and married and had two kids with. Then, shockingly, divorced (turns out a 30 year age gap meant they didn't have that much in common).

She messaged me about 2 months ago doing similar. Firstly being angry at me for not keeping in touch! Then saying she'd made the wrong decision and should never have broken up with me.

I was way more polite than I should have been.

Yeah, I know through mutual friends that she was married within a couple of years and it turns out she has 3 kids now. I'd always suspected that she met someone else before she dumped me but we were living 800 miles apart so these things happen. I bear her no ill will though. I have very happy memories of our time together and if I can't get over something like that in nearly 20 years.....

It did make me wonder why she got in touch after all these years though. My Facebook must have been fairly tough to track down as the security settings on it are pretty locked-down. I'm kinda glad she did though - I guess if for nothing else than for her to acknowledge that she was in the wrong and was sorry. 

34 minutes ago, choffer said:

Yeah, I know through mutual friends that she was married within a couple of years and it turns out she has 3 kids now. I'd always suspected that she met someone else before she dumped me but we were living 800 miles apart so these things happen. I bear her no ill will though. I have very happy memories of our time together and if I can't get over something like that in nearly 20 years.....

It did make me wonder why she got in touch after all these years though. My Facebook must have been fairly tough to track down as the security settings on it are pretty locked-down. I'm kinda glad she did though - I guess if for nothing else than for her to acknowledge that she was in the wrong and was sorry. 

Yeah I don't wish ill on this girl either.

What annoyed me about the whole thing was she was angry at me for not keeping in touch.

She dumped me then got married and had two kids and I'm the one who should have kept in touch?!?! :crylaugh:

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firstly being angry at me for not keeping in touch! Then saying she'd made the wrong decision and should never have broken up with me.

RQxp_f-maxage-0.gif

That's the fairly severe end of mentalist.  You dodged one there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. It's one of those where at the time I was gutted, but looking back I have no idea what I saw in her.

Yep - I had one of them last year. There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Â