Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You should have accidentally squirted ketchup and mustard on it so she wouldn't wear it again :D 

so effectively, at the last minute, sort of indirectly it was a date... in a pub, one known for being sort of kinda smart. Now most women, would make an effort, at least even slightly. But, I got the game of thrones t shirt (huge lettering, that screamed please ask me about GOT) freak. I'm not knocking her for liking it when i dont, but to wear that, to a smart place, on a date? really sums up my night. some people eh!

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

i cant make out that acronym.... can guess D H U T but scratching my head at WU . 

That would be 'Wrong 'un' aka practice hole.

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sounds like my cup of tea, Midfielder. Did she mention liking cats?

no sir, probably more so one of those types that has a bedroom with china dolls all lined up on a shelf (that all have names, and that youd be introduced to when you went back). One to entirely avoid. 

21 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Right so... Still waiting to move and all that crap but to complete a formality, I attended a pub meal with contacts from a different department. All driving, no alcohol. One of them "has a cousin coming and you two, you'd get on" which suddenly changed the stakes of the evening as we left to head there. I'm in work stuff, reasonably smart. Though I'm keen to not get involved with anything around where I live and soon to be moving away from, I thought ah can't hurt. Effing did. Had a really painful night. 

This Bint turns up, having gone home and got changed, in a game of thrones t shirt and sits next to me. I genuinely am not into game of thrones either so first off, I thought I like villa but I'm not gonna go home and change into a villa shirt. Plus the fact, well, it was a smart place and she could have made an effort. Quickly on, I decided no chance. Hence night of awkwardness and a few quid wasted. I mean, I'd have been at this thing anyway but I'm actually offended at who I was match made with. 

I am no Brad Pitt lookalike but Jesus, I feel robbed. And dirty. This woman was damned creepy as hell. Discreetly I acted like a complete arsehole tonight. I quickly got in, that I wasn't into game of thrones so that formality never popped up again. I made the mistake of daring to ask, "so what's the story with the ring, you're engaged and you're here?" As it turns out she's nit engaged but likes wearing a ring on that finger w t f. And it was a replica of the ring from lord of the rings too. I don't mind geeky girls but just wow, she was something else. Everything I said made her laugh, even my deliberate sarcasm and to be honest, put downs. I kept my attention to the group as I knew I was being watched and didn't want any stories tomorrow. 

This really is a shit "field report" but I'm writing for therapy. I effing hate Gloucester positively hate it here. Tonight I've realised just how much. That one, this woman even exists, two, some C word thought we were well suited and three, the fact her cousin has given her my number and she's texted tonight, even though I didn't give it myself. 

I was told she looks like Suzi Perry... I just wished there was a refund bureau for shit like this. Suzi Perry my arse. 1/10. And maximum weird. She kept doing impressions too, and stating quotes from Monty Python, which I'm also not into. I didn't even force a fake smile nor ease the awkward silences she was causing to be generated  

Im not replying. F that. Tomorrow I'll get questioned, despite it being clear I wasn't interested. Got in, watched some Boardwalk Empire, bam, 'I really enjoyed tonight, do you want to do something this weekend'. 

No, no I don't. You don't look a bit like Suzi Perry, I literally hate your sense of humour, felt weirded out by you and can do a lot better than you luv, don't ever contact me in any way again. (Radio silence is easier than sending that). 

Fking game of thrones t shirt. Jesus. 

So you'll be pissed and lonely Friday night and think **** it lets see what I can get from her :P Off goes the text 

8 hours ago, Midfielder said:

ah i see. 

The ironic thing is, i googled the acronym (when i was trying to work it out), and it brought me back to this site! 

We've all been there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

So you'll be pissed and lonely Friday night and think **** it lets see what I can get from her :P Off goes the text 

We've all been there

No chance. Deleted her text and had a word with her cousin who I see at work, who herself even said "she does get carried away", wtf so why unleash / burden her on me then. luckily no contact since last night. Dodged a bullet there. Plus, I did hammer this colleague for even daring to compare her to Suzi Perry, what a con. Never mind. 

i mean Suzi perry has long hair and is tidy, this Bint was a wide loader with short hair for f sake. Yup I got conned. 

Edit, "had a word" in terms of politely saying never invite her to anything I'm at ever again! 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

Â