Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

14 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Thanks @mottaloo that's both kind and sensible of you to say. I don't really want to associate with him. His actions were appalling.

Believe me, I don't think myself responsible for fixing his problems, that is well beyond my skill or interest.

Just like I hold no grudge, I certainly do not lament our friendship ending either. It's not selfish to protect yourself from toxic behavior that will bring you down.

I will go into any meeting with strict boundaries. Being that if it's not positive, or pleasant, or productive, I'm out and on my way and our paths will not cross again.

I guess it's a complicated and long story but I will afford him one last meeting in person, in the hope that he sees he is forgiven but that it's important he learns better.

I'm one of the most grudge-less, understanding and diplomatic people you could meet.  Sometimes to my own detriment.

I think you've done enough in laying the past to rest so you can walk forward with your head held high.

Anything else, including meeting him, is only leaving you vulnerable to further hurt - either through new actions and behaviours or through stark reminders of his initial mistreatment of you.

Walk forward.  Walk away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgave my mate who did a similar thing without having sex with my missus. He basically kept face timing her off his head on coke and was masturbating to her. He was a very close friend and a fellow Villa fan. We didn’t talk for two years. Then whilst I was kind of sorting some personal shit out and trying to get my head together , I tried to sort a couple of things out in my life. One was my dad  and one was the friend in question . I offered him my hand one day and said look let’s move on from it but things won’t be the same. In time things have gone back to how we used to be before the incident. We go the villa together too whenever I can get him a ticket. Why did I do this? Well he was going through some troubles at the time, and he was using drink and drugs to cope. I’m quite a forgiving person and can be understanding, so I tried to make a bridge between us. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry lads I put the word "WEDDING" in search tool and it brought me to this thread so I am bringing it back off-topic 😅

Hoping you guys can give me some suggestions (re-route me to another thread if need be) -

I am getting married next year and my fiancee was discussing the seating arrangements (amongst everything else 🙄) and apparently some people have table names addressed for each table (usually things like the couples fave holiday destinations, or fave bands, films ETC) - 

It was new to me TBH, but anyway she has suggested to name the tables with villa themed names - Which I was A ) very shocked she would consider that on her big day and B )  delighted about, because I have been Villa fan for 30+ years, her family know that, my mates all know that etc - But now I am wondering if any of you guys can help with any names ? And if anyone has come across anything like this before? 

My immediate thought were things such as "The Holte End" or "1982" - But then I was struggling ha - Basically I want references to our great club, whether it be trophies won, major players, ETC

Any help would be much appreciated, need about 8 - 10.

cheers

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Sorry lads I put the word "WEDDING" in search tool and it brought me to this thread so I am bringing it back off-topic 😅

Hoping you guys can give me some suggestions (re-route me to another thread if need be) -

I am getting married next year and my fiancee was discussing the seating arrangements (amongst everything else 🙄) and apparently some people have table names addressed for each table (usually things like the couples fave holiday destinations, or fave bands, films ETC) - 

It was new to me TBH, but anyway she has suggested to name the tables with villa themed names - Which I was A ) very shocked she would consider that on her big day and B )  delighted about, because I have been Villa fan for 30+ years, her family know that, my mates all know that etc - But now I am wondering if any of you guys can help with any names ? And if anyone has come across anything like this before? 

My immediate thought were things such as "The Holte End" or "1982" - But then I was struggling ha - Basically I want references to our great club, whether it be trophies won, major players, ETC

Any help would be much appreciated, need about 8 - 10.

cheers

Squeeze it out to 11 and do a Best XI, with the floor plan at the entrance, the formation.

Top table the God table, obv x

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

McGregor Table

Saunders Table

1982 Table

McParland Table

Sir Brian Little Table

Drink Up You word removed Table

WTF Have I Done table

The Bridesmaid's Got No Panties On Table

RJW's DHUTWU Table

The In Laws Are All cabbages Table.

Sorry, I seem to have strayed off topic towards the end.

It's funny you should mention that... but.... nope.... i'm not going to go there 👀😅

Some decent tables there though thanks, you we're doing so well... 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Squeeze it out to 11 and do a Best XI, with the floor plan at the entrance, the formation.

Top table the God table, obv x

That sort of shit suggestion is probably your best mate **** you off best man duty ;) :lol: 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

McGregor Table

Saunders Table

1982 Table

McParland Table

Sir Brian Little Table

Drink Up You word removed Table

WTF Have I Done table

The Bridesmaid's Got No Panties On Table

RJW's DHUTWU Table

The In Laws Are All cabbages Table.

Sorry, I seem to have strayed off topic towards the end.

WTF have I done table :crylaugh:  

The In Laws Are All Cabbages Table :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Scored myself a date with a celebrity actress in a month from now.

We first met in 2012 and spent the year flirting with each other, but it never progressed..

A mutual friend told me she was keen on me back then but I was too busy being insecure.

I haven't seen her since, but recently decided to check in with her and we got chatting and I asked her out, when she's back in town.

So now I need some advice, do I wear underwear as a headpiece to try and disguise the fact I'm really a dickhead..

Or do I let my true colours shine and wear them on the outside of my trousers, showing how much of a maverick trend-setter I can be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Scored myself a date with a celebrity actress in a month from now.

We first met in 2012 and spent the year flirting with each other, but it never progressed..

A mutual friend told me she was keen on me back then but I was too busy being insecure.

I haven't seen her since, but recently decided to check in with her and we got chatting and I asked her out, when she's back in town.

So now I need some advice, do I wear underwear as a headpiece to try and disguise the fact I'm really a dickhead..

Or do I let my true colours shine and wear them on the outside of my trousers, showing how much of a maverick trend-setter I can be?

It's four weeks away.

You are currently in the "montage scene" phase. I recommend pumping iron, jogging along a beachfront to Huey Lewis and the News, and sprinting up the steps of an art museum while wearing tasteful 80s flannel and a sweatband around your head, with a large Sony Walkman clipped on to your waistband.

Do that for a few weeks, and it will distract you from how meticulously your inner child is planning on **** this up.

Then on the day, have a good shower, spray some nice eau de villan, dress well, act yourself, be nice to her and don't overthink it.

(Then FHUTA.)

• Like 4

Â