Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I believe the vast majority of vasectomies in the UK are done with a local anaesthetic. I'd have been quite happy to have had one, but my surgeon said he always used a general, so I just went with that. 

Might be here as well, havent checked. But the thought still makes me queasy

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

Wait, what, hoooold it :wacko: You mean there's and option to be awake while your balls are being slit open???

9y78Q.gif

Yeah, it's pretty weird having a conversation with the guy who is cauterizing your tubes! 

I apologised and put my iPod on (and no, I didn't play Cat Stevens' The First Cut Is The Deepest) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Vasectomy boy here, it's great. You can stick it anywhere without worry ;)

There was never any real worry where you like to stick it anyway, amirite?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely if your 50ish you would have to be very unlucky to get the other half preggers?

Depends how old the other half is! 

Women become infertile at the menopause, men remain fertile pretty much forever. 

Im still 100% man ;)

I was already to go in, and get done. Had the doctor phone me, and appointment sent. My missus then felt bad, because she knew I didn't really want it done, and she's got herself done. Some might say hasn't she been through enough, and I'd agree, but she was adamant she wanted to be the one to get done. I weren't going to argue about it. 

10 hours ago, il_serpente said:

There was never any real worry where you like to stick it anyway, amirite?

:D

Don't need the snip for that ;)

Edited by rjw63

• 4 weeks later...

Well, vasectomy done (Wednesday). Really not that bad. Haven't even had to take any pain killers following it. Just got to wait and see now and give a sample in 4 months time to see if it worked as intended.

Scrotum like a bean bag at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Well, vasectomy done (Wednesday). Really not that bad. Haven't even had to take any pain killers following it. Just got to wait and see now and give a sample in 4 months time to see if it worked as intended.

Scrotum like a bean bag at the moment.

Seriously tempted to go down this route myself. 2 kids and I'm done! 

24 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

Seriously tempted to go down this route myself. 2 kids and I'm done! 

It's fine. First needle in is a little sharp (Or as the Dr said, "You might feel a little prick") but after that no issues. Just feels like your bollocks have taken a whack when the local wears off.

Me and the gf have been having a pretty rough patch. She has a ridiculous medical history not to mention being accident prone - she's been hospitalised 5 times in the last year ffs. The most awful one for her was finding out she's infertile. She's been pretty devastated by that and it's been a difficult few months. A few weeks ago she came in to the bedroom, acting really strange, then starts jhaving a panic attack. Turns out one of her mates had given her some pills (no idea what), and she'd tried them out to see if it made her feel better. Big bust up, she stayed in the spare room for a few nights with us barely talking, but she admitted it was a stupid mistake, won't happen again, etc, etc...She's been on anti-depressants previously, but has been getting therapy which I thought was going ok.

Today we've just got back from holiday, I open a jiffy bag mysteriously labelled 'occupier' to find there's 20 diazepam tablets in there. 

She's not got home yet, and I'm sitting here, stewing over what to do. Aside from being pissed off at her having class c drugs mailed to my house, she's frankly risking **** up her career, she works directly with patients in the NHS, and if it gets out she's self medicating with diazepam, that's pretty much her career done for. I also just don't trust her to be honest about it, and if she says she's stopped, I don't know if I'd ever believe her.

Right now, I'm leaning strongly towards telling her to pack a bag and get the **** out of my house for a few days.

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Me and the gf have been having a pretty rough patch. She has a ridiculous medical history not to mention being accident prone - she's been hospitalised 5 times in the last year ffs. The most awful one for her was finding out she's infertile. She's been pretty devastated by that and it's been a difficult few months. A few weeks ago she came in to the bedroom, acting really strange, then starts jhaving a panic attack. Turns out one of her mates had given her some pills (no idea what), and she'd tried them out to see if it made her feel better. Big bust up, she stayed in the spare room for a few nights with us barely talking, but she admitted it was a stupid mistake, won't happen again, etc, etc...She's been on anti-depressants previously, but has been getting therapy which I thought was going ok.

Today we've just got back from holiday, I open a jiffy bag mysteriously labelled 'occupier' to find there's 20 diazepam tablets in there. 

She's not got home yet, and I'm sitting here, stewing over what to do. Aside from being pissed off at her having class c drugs mailed to my house, she's frankly risking **** up her career, she works directly with patients in the NHS, and if it gets out she's self medicating with diazepam, that's pretty much her career done for. I also just don't trust her to be honest about it, and if she says she's stopped, I don't know if I'd ever believe her.

Right now, I'm leaning strongly towards telling her to pack a bag and get the **** out of my house for a few days.

Wow, that’s really bad. 

you definitely need to have a chat about things and see where you can go from there. Don’t go all in aggressive though  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

She's not been truthful to you and trust is important, so you need to find out why she is hiding this from you. 

It sounds to me like she needs your help. If she's self medicating it's probably because she feels she can't cope without it, not that she's a junkie. 

If she's struggling to come to terms with being infertile this may be why?

Â