Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Internet scrabble also keeps my mind working but I hate losing :)

I hope you weren't the bloke that gave my missus a load of sweary abuse after she beat him, twice. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I hope you weren't the bloke that gave my missus a load of sweary abuse after she beat him, twice. 

Haha, nah I just skulk away quietly when I lose, although I got a 203 point score two days ago!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cant believe its been almost a whole month since this thread has had a post! This thread is on the VT HOF category!

To keep this on topic, its been 2 weeks now the missus has moved in. First time for me finding it not too bad as I thought at first. She is quite easy to live with although she has taken over the bathroom shelf she has about 3/4 of it and i only have the 1/4 for my stuff. The start of Armageddon 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe its been almost a whole month since this thread has had a post! This thread is on the VT HOF category!

To keep this on topic, its been 2 weeks now the missus has moved in. First time for me finding it not too bad as I thought at first. She is quite easy to live with although she has taken over the bathroom shelf she has about 3/4 of it and i only have the 1/4 for my stuff. The start of Armageddon 

You're doomed, mate. Doomed. 

We have 3 bedrooms, we're in one, the second largest seems to be my wife's walk-in wardrobe and the box room is my 'music room'; a drum kit and several guitars and amps.

I wonder which one will have to be turned in to a nursery when the first baby comes along..? :detect:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

When we got our place in the house I was so excited at the prospect of a spare room. A whole spare room to prepare for an office and book shelves....

image.png.f52e45363fb2ce97d07618e86d695a85.png

I am in the process of working on my man cave for when we move into the house non negotiable! I'll let you how that goes...!!

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We have 3 bedrooms, we're in one, the second largest seems to be my wife's walk-in wardrobe and the box room is my 'music room'; a drum kit and several guitars and amps.

I wonder which one will have to be turned in to a nursery when the first baby comes along..? :detect:

Easy any room that is "man"

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2017 at 14:26, rjw63 said:

Haha, nah I just skulk away quietly when I lose, although I got a 203 point score two days ago!

What site do you use? My Missus is on ISC (Internet Scrabble Club). 

I wouldn't suggest you play her, if your high score is 203, though. She's routinely 300 plus, sometimes 400 plus. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I wouldn't suggest you play her, if your high score is 203, though. She's routinely 300 plus, sometimes 400 plus. 

Facebook scrabble, I play as me, and my mother, and the cat, and a monty python character. Yes, sad I know.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh and I meant 203 points for one word...my total high score is around 570

• Like 1

I'd pay to see @rjw63 play Mrs Mooney at scrabble. Sounds like it would be a hard thought game :)

anyway, my missus had one of her episodes last night, which made me have to get out of bed and talk some sense into her. She's always searching for something that does not exist, well certainly not inside me it doesn't. After she had got the tears out and all that, she admitted it's probably not me and it's her. We had a good talk, I was livid at first, but calmed it down and managed to go over the same problems that we normally go over :rolleyes: she then tossed me off and we went to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'd pay to see @rjw63 play Mrs Mooney at scrabble. Sounds like it would be a hard thought game :)

anyway, my missus had one of her episodes last night, which made me have to get out of bed and talk some sense into her. She's always searching for something that does not exist, well certainly not inside me it doesn't. After she had got the tears out and all that, she admitted it's probably not me and it's her. We had a good talk, I was livid at first, but calmed it down and managed to go over the same problems that we normally go over :rolleyes: she then tossed me off and we went to sleep. 

Be patient, and keep talking to each other (not shouting). You can't fix things overnight, but don't take the easy option of splitting up. Don't try and get your relationship back to what it used to be, but accept that as you get older it will change to something else - maybe a bit more low key, but that can have its compensations - especially for the kids. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Be patient, and keep talking to each other (not shouting). You can't fix things overnight, but don't take the easy option of splitting up. Don't try and get your relationship back to what it used to be, but accept that as you get older it will change to something else - maybe a bit more low key, but that can have its compensations - especially for the kids. 

Perfectly put, and kind of what I said to her last night. As people we are changing, and changing for the better imo. She's got her head in some Hollywood love story at times and often needs a reality check. I, myself need a kick up the backside every now and again to put a bit more effort in.  I said to her last night I have everything I need in this house with her and the kids. I don't need to go chasing women anymore, or try to be the old me, because the old me went a few years ago. Contentment is the key and it's a lovely feeling when you have it. She sometimes struggles with that and so do I now and again. We are both healthy(I think and touch wood) we have three beautiful kids and we are both starting to appreciate the finer things in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â