Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I once had a discussion with a girl I was seeing in which she seemed to think that if we were on a night out, it would be okay for her to start kissing another girl because it's just a bit of fun (she never admitted to being bi but she clearly was). I told her that if we were together then it absolutely wouldn't be fine with me. I know some guys are okay with that sort of thing and I am definitely the jealous type, but I very much am a one girl kind of guy.

I asked her what she would think if she went to go and get drinks only to come back and find me snogging some dude on the dancefloor. She said she would be fine with it but I think she only said that to help her argument more and she knew full-well I wasn't bi. I seriously doubt she would have been okay with that. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I like a girl enough to enter a relationship with them then the intimacies you share should only be between you and her, otherwise it just makes the whole relationship less special for me.

I once had a discussion with a girl I was seeing in which she seemed to think that if we were on a night out, it would be okay for her to start kissing another girl because it's just a bit of fun (she never admitted to being bi but she clearly was). I told her that if we were together then it absolutely wouldn't be fine with me. I know some guys are okay with that sort of thing and I am definitely the jealous type, but I very much am a one girl kind of guy.

I asked her what she would think if she went to go and get drinks only to come back and find me snogging some dude on the dancefloor. She said she would be fine with it but I think she only said that to help her argument more and she knew full-well I wasn't bi. I seriously doubt she would have been okay with that. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I like a girl enough to enter a relationship with them then the intimacies you share should only be between you and her, otherwise it just makes the whole relationship less special for me.

2hhq9gx.gif

Cheers for the insight guys. It's what I thought already but it always makes you feel better when someone else says the same.

Current plan: Keep smashing the back out of her, wait till when/if things get serious then ask what she wants from it/is she serious/just after a bit of fun/still curious etc....

How the **** do I get into these situations :P

If someone is supposedly in a relationship with you and they get with someone else they are cheating on you regardless of who it is.

I'd say it's usually young girls looking for attention who snog other girls and they grow out of that phase after a while.

Hell, am I the only one around here who can see no harm in sharing a girl with another girl?

The psychological difference between that and another bloke is huge. And then there's the menage a trois option as well. Everyone's a winner!

Have I mentioned the thrill to be had from watching hot lesbo action?

2hhq9gx.gif

EXACTLY!!!!

And Ingram, you get into these situations because *whispers* you like the box.

It's all standard. My guy friends over here are constantly going through similar situations.

Hell, am I the only one around here who can see no harm in sharing a girl with another girl?

The psychological difference between that and another bloke is huge. And then there's the menage a trois option as well. Everyone's a winner!

I don't really see how it is to be honest. We are all people, you are either committed to one person or you are in an open relationship.

I don't really see how it is to be honest. We are all people, you are either committed to one person or you are in an open relationship.

I'd argue that having a relationship that's open in ways acceptable to both parties is the healthiest of all.

On a primitive level I'm sure we're programmed to resent the presence of another man due to the danger of finding yourself raising someone else's offspring. If the third party's a girl, hey, no danger.

People can do what they want if they're on the same page. If they both want an open relationship then fine, I don't judge, but for me it's a no go. The idea of a threesome is attractive to me but only if I were having sex with two girls I wasn't intent on having a relationship with, and I don't really have sex with girls if I'm not into them like that anymore. I'm not fussed if I don't have a threesome though to be honest, I find sex much more intense when it's just two of you, and even better when it's with someone you're emotionally involved with, and I don't mean to say I only like romantic and sensual sex either, even the more physical sex is better, but that's subjective obviously.

As for being programmed to resent other men, perhaps for some, not so much for me. With me it's more being jealous of the thought of her being intimate with someone else, regardless of gender, because that's the side of her that she should only let me be seeing. Perhaps on some level the jealousy may also be due to me thinking I don't fulfill her completely which affects my self-esteem and confidence though, but really I'm just a bit of a romantic really I think.

The only reason girls experiment more than guys is because of social stigmas I think. A girl could kiss another girl even if they don't find other girls attractive because it's just a bit of fun and like someone else said earlier, for attention. If girls kiss other girls just for that or just to see what it was like then they don't get labelled bisexual or gay, and even if they are bisexual it's a lot more socially acceptable than for guys to do the same. Straight girls can kiss other girls and it's not even given another thought, but you don't have the same with guys. As a straight guy I've never wanted to kiss another guy just for the hell of it or for a laugh, and if I ever did then people would assume I was at least bisexual. Different standards really.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone else think women love to play off their own egos alot these days?

went out with this bird nothing major just a day date once nothing really happened. then i send a cocky but joking text next day and i get this long essay text saying i am a really nice guy blah blah lets be friends sorry if i lead you on etc

im thinking in my head we went out once and why on earth is she going into all these details when nothing even happened! i swear they just do it to piss you off and love it if you text back pissed. my response to her essay was

ok ;-)

women they make you laugh such serious creatures!

• Like 1

Yes definitely. Was having this discussion wth a friend recently. There are some very average looking girls thinking they are Rihanna, and some genuinely reject guys simply because they enjoy that power. Some need a reality check, you are not all that love.

went out with this bird nothing major just a day date once nothing really happened. then i send a cocky but joking text next day and i get this long essay text saying i am a really nice guy blah blah lets be friends sorry if i lead you on etc

im thinking in my head we went out once and why on earth is she going into all these details when nothing even happened! i swear they just do it to piss you off and love it if you text back pissed. my response to her essay was

ok ;-)

women they make you laugh such serious creatures!

Some women, definitely. But faaaaaar more women (in my experience) are just genuine people looking for someone who makes them feel special.

That said, on a Saturday night, pretty much all women turn into who they think they'd like to be, rather than who they actually are, which can be a little frustrating.

Â