End of the Year - Albums of 2011

blandy

No particular order:

The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

The Streets - Computers And Blues

The Kills - Blood Pressures

Yuck - Yuck

The Strokes - Angles

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See

There's also a french duo who released a really really fun record this year which I heard described as 'breakcore for kids', which is pretty much the perfect description. Loved that album, but am drawing a complete blank on their name! Will have a look when I'm at home :lol:

Just had this conversation at work, and remembered the name of this one - Gangpol und Mit - The 1000 Softcore People Tourist Club

15778_DVDs-and-Movies_The-1000-Softcore-Tourist-People-Club-[Digipak]_7bc8_1.jpg

Wicked fun !

And does anybody else just not get "it" with The Vaccines? I mean, yeah I've heard worse, but it's pretty standard fare. I'm not saying that by-the-numbers is necessarily bad either, but... meh.

And does anybody else just not get "it" with The Vaccines? I mean, yeah I've heard worse, but it's pretty standard fare. I'm not saying that by-the-numbers is necessarily bad either, but... meh.

I know exactly what you mean, They're so unbelievably average it's bemusing why they get so much hype.

I've probably listened to the album about 5 times, thought it was good, but will never play it again. There's just nothing there other then... meh.

Though, seen them live 4 or 5 times, and they're quite decent after a few drinks just to sing along too. But for listening at home, very boring.

Suck It and See is probably the best album of the year IMO.

Closely followed by Tom Veks album Leisure Seizure

Can't really think of anything good that's been released :-(

No particular order:

The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

The Streets - Computers And Blues

The Kills - Blood Pressures

Yuck - Yuck

The Strokes - Angles

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See

Good man, I was surprised no-one had mentioned 'Yuck' up until yourself - really good album.

I'm not a massive fan of The Strokes' album personally, nor the Yuk album (both of which I had high hopes for).

Bon Iver is quite good though, and as I think i've already mentioned, am a huge fan of Suck it & see.

There's 2 albums which I had forgot about

Horrors - Skying is a good album

But one of the best of the year is PJ Harveys "Let England Shake"

I've always been a fan of Peej, and whilst her new album for me, isn't as good as Dry etc, it's still a cracking album.

Late contender from me...

The Black Keys - El Camino

I heard it's a bit less blues a bit more rock?

Aye, I suppose thats one way of describing it, it even has a Stairway to Heaven moment :mrgreen:

Oh my god what a **** album.

Thank you.

Easily album of the year. Nothing has come within a country mile for me. Little black submarines - stunning. I want to **** that mans voice.

blackkeyselcaminocover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Late contender from me...

The Black Keys - El Camino

I heard it's a bit less blues a bit more rock?

Aye, I suppose thats one way of describing it, it even has a Stairway to Heaven moment :mrgreen:

Oh my god what a **** album.

Thank you.

Easily album of the year. Nothing has come within a country mile for me. Little black submarines - stunning. I want to **** that mans voice.

blackkeyselcaminocover.jpg

THANK YOU ALL, THANK YOU ALL, THANK YOU ALL.

The best album I have heard in the last 2 or 3 years!

The Vaccines aren't original at all but what they do they do very well IMO . They write catchy pop songs and there aren't too many bands doing that at the moment . Wreckin bar , Norgaard, All in White , Wetsuit , We are happening , Blow it up , Family friend , If you wanna etc are all cracking pop songs and there aren't many debut albums from indie rockers with so many decent tracks these days .

They aren't as amazing as the NME make them out to be but they are decent enough . I like shed 7 though so what the **** do I know .

Cast - Troubled Times

A fantastic return after ten years away as a band! Lots of standout tracks on the album and beautiful indie melodies throughout the eleven songs! My favorite songs would be Hold On Tight, Bow Down, Bad Waters and Troubled Thoughts. Special mention to See That Girl their new single that was released as a download only that gives The La's There She Goes a serious run for it's money!

Â