Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

i can remember the entire holte singing we want delfouneso on

Yeah, great call that one.

A few people complaining because we were drawing a game doesn't change what we did that season.

You said you'd rather houllier?

You'd rather battle to stay in the league than challenge for top 4? Strange.

You said you'd rather MON?

You'd rather sign the likes of Harewood than Bent. Strange.

See what I did there? ;)

mon tried to sign defoe but he wanted to fight for his place at spurs,his second choice was marlon..at the time mon was building a team & marlon was better than what we had ie "the moore brothers",their was no way harry would sell bent to a aston villa with mon in charge as we posed a threat to spurs hence bent was off loaded to sunderland.

A few people complaining because we were drawing a game doesn't change what we did that season.

See what I did there? ;)

Yeah, it was pretty rubbish.

Unless of course signing one player is all that counts for you and a 38 game season means nothing. If thats the case then well played sir.

See what I did there? ;)

Yeah, it was pretty rubbish.

Unless of course signing one player is all that counts for you and a 38 game season means nothing. If thats the case then well played sir.

I was just bringing you up on that little tactic you use so often.

Point remains we now have a manager worse than Gary Megson due to our utterly idiotic board.

Sunderland at least have shown some ambition.

I have seen some nonsensical statements in this thread, and even on this page but.......

Sunderland have fired a manager and hired an unemployed one. That might be described as being decisive, but I don't see where the ambition description comes from??

See what I did there? ;)

mon tried to sign defoe but he wanted to fight for his place at spurs,his second choice was marlon..at the time mon was building a team & marlon was better than what we had ie "the moore brothers",their was no way harry would sell bent to a aston villa with mon in charge as we posed a threat to spurs hence bent was off loaded to sunderland.

I don't understand.

We signed Harewood over a year before 'arry took over at Spurs.

As for Bent, 'arry just wanted to get the money for him, and couldn't give a damn who he was sold to. Sunderland thought he was worth the fee. Aston Villa (or Martin O'Neill) clearly did not. Or is that Randy Lerner's fault as well?

Point remains we now have a manager worse than Gary Megson due to our utterly idiotic board.

I have seen some nonsensical statements in this thread, and even on this page but.......

Sunderland have fired a manager and hired an unemployed one. That might be described as being decisive, but I don't see where the ambition description comes from??

lol

you keep telling yoursel that then.

Meanwhile in the real world we have to endure the turd football of McShite.

A failed bluenose that we tapped up before he was made unemployed.

They signed an unemployed premiership manager desperate for a job, so desperate in fact he's prepared to live within a constraint that he could not accept at his previous club.

The short list was two; MON or Hughes. Hardly showing ambition in my book.

OK I would agree that maybe we have seen something different at Villa but that's a different argument.

lol

you keep telling yoursel that then.

Meanwhile in the real world we have to endure the turd football of McShite.

A failed bluenose that we tapped up before he was made unemployed.

it doesn't make your argument any more valid by saying 'McShite' or 'McTacticallyinept' (although the latter would actually be clever). we understand you don't like him. and we've also read about Gary Megson a few times. everyone gets the joke, you don't need to keep retelling it.

the league had moved on, man city were twice the team and spurs were way ahead of us, MON wouldnt have challenged for top 4 last season, not anywhere near IMO

this is the key point, MON knew he couldnt crack top 4 and just walked away and now has joined a club where staying up and a cup run will be seeing as an achievement. Now he is in his comfort zone

has joined a club where staying up and a cup run will be seeing as an achievement.

I think you underestimate what a big club Sunderland can be. Very good history ( all be it much of it pre WW11 ), big passionate fan base and 49k stadium.

Give them a wiff of success, or relative success, and they will fill their ground. Sunderland certainly have the potential to be a regular top 8 club and will have far greater ambitions than avoiding relegation and a cup run. If that was the height of their ambitions they would have been happy to keep Bruce.

the league had moved on, man city were twice the team and spurs were way ahead of us, MON wouldnt have challenged for top 4 last season, not anywhere near IMO

this is the key point, MON knew he couldnt crack top 4 and just walked away and now has joined a club where staying up and a cup run will be seeing as an achievement. Now he is in his comfort zone

With O'Neill's ego he would've wanted a top 4 club. Problem is they don't want him.

With O'Neill's ego he would've wanted a top 4 club. Problem is they don't want him.

King Kenny is due to run away in the next few months, so no doubt MON will make a play for that job (again?)

A shame that they just didn't like his style of football, and they probably never will.

Â