Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

Last year we battered them for 70 minutes, with our kids, playing good football.

This year, I expect us to string two lines of defence across the pitch and try to hit them on the counter attack.

and people ridiculed what Houllier was trying to do.

-----------------Given---------------

Hutton---Collins---Dunne--Warnock

-------Petrov---------Herd----------

N'Zogbia-----Bannan-----Agbonlahor

----------------Bent-------------------

I think we'll give it more of a go. I think we'll get battered anyway, but I think we'll give it more of a go.

I would be quite happy with that line-up.

In an ideal world though I would swap Collins for Clark, Hutton for Cuellar and N'Zogbia for Albighton.

i could not be less enthused about this match....

one thing i know for sure is heskey will start in midfield and we will see 90 minutes of the most boring uncreative football on the planet....

but just for the crack i wanna see 442

Given,Cuellar,Dunne,Collins,Warnock,Albrighton,Jenas,Petrov,Zogs,Gabby,Bent.

Dream scenario:

Team is:

--------------- Given ---------------

Hutton -- Cuellar - Dunne -- Warnock

--------------- Herd -----------------

--------------------- Delph ----------

-------- Bannan ---------------------

Gabby ------------------------- NZog

---------------- Bent ----------------

We win 3-1 and Randy goes up to Ferguson and sticks that f***ing letter up Fergie's jacksy, before announcing McLeish is off with Hughes to assume managerial responsibilities immediately.

More probable scenario:

Eck puts out another side with little self belief or drive and we get murdered before he explains how unlucky we were and how we gave it a go. Both Eck and RL then kiss Fergie's feet and suck his ****.

We all move on to the next thrilling episode of Eck's bore draw tour up at the Reebok.

Dream scenario:

Team is:

We win 3-1 and Randy goes up to Ferguson and sticks that f***ing letter up Fergie's jacksy, before announcing McLeish is off with Hughes to assume managerial responsibilities immediately.

More probable scenario:

Eck puts out another side with little self belief or drive and we get murdered before he explains how unlucky we were and how we gave it a go. Both Eck and RL then kiss Fergie's feet and suck his ****.

We all move on to the next thrilling episode of Eck's bore draw tour up at the Reebok.

take Delph out for Jenas

We've got the players in our squad to give them a proper game, sadly they'll either be played out of position, or not at all.

Manure will be out for a convincing 3 points here after their cup defeat.

We'll lose by 3 or 4 goals.

In terms of what can go wrong today, I hope two things; firstly that we score, even if it's in a big defeat, I think a goal helps. Secondly that we don't concede a couple of early goals, if we do I think the knives will be out and it'll be one of those unpleasant afternoons at Villa Park where the unpleasant feelings from the pitch are matched by the unpleasant feelings off the pitch, the atmosphere is poisonous and all our problems are compounded.

Dream scenario:

Team is:

More probable scenario:

take Delph out for Jenas

We need Petrov badly (if he's fit).

Just about to set out for VP. 16 years since we last beat Man Utd at home and we have had far better teams and far better managers since then and haven't beaten them.

With a ball yet to be kicked though I'll go for 2-1 to Villa. You always have to believe you can win before a game kicks off and reality takes over!