Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

Kendrick has just tweeted:

Word/rumour on the street is that wee Barry Bannan WILL start for #avfc against Man Yoo tomorrow. Let's hope so

That is good news. I'm not expecting anything out of the game but I want to see us going for it. Bannan starting gives me a little optimism.

Just had £10 on at 750-1 ...... Villa to win 5-0 with goals from NZogbia, Ireland, Hutton, Given and an own goal from Ashley Young.

When it comes off, you are all invited round mine for a few beers !!!

Just had £10 on at 750-1 ...... Villa to win 5-0 with goals from NZogbia, Ireland, Hutton, Given and an own goal from Ashley Young.

to be fair I'll be more interested in the crack you're evidently making good use of :winkold:

United to get their title challenge back on track with a very simply, unthreatening 4-0 win, barely getting out of 2nd gear. Villa to resist for all of 20 minutes.

So who better to end that run than a man who knows Sir Alex Ferguson better than almost anyone? A man who was Sir Alex's defensive rock at Aberdeen 30 years ago - step forward Alex McLeish. Just maybe some of those Villa fans who still harbour a prejudice against McLeish just because he worked at Birmingham would begin to forgive him if they were to win this one?
What a prick.

Just maybe some of those journalists who think our dislike of McLeish has anything to do with his SHA connections will admit it if these inept performances continue?

-----------------Given-Guzan----------------------

Cuellar,Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Warnock

Herd-----------------------------------------Delph

----------------------Beye----------------------------

Wasted bet mate. Cant see N'Zogbia scoring !

I would play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Dunne

CB Cuellar

LB Warnock

CM Jenas

CM Petrov ©

CM Bannan

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Clark, Ireland, Delph, Albrighton, Heskey.

No room for Herd even on the bench?

-----------------Given-Guzan----------------------

Cuellar,Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Warnock

Herd-----------------------------------------Delph

----------------------Beye----------------------------

spat my drink out :lol:

-----------------Given---------------

Hutton---Collins---Dunne--Warnock

-------Petrov---------Herd----------

N'Zogbia-----Bannan-----Agbonlahor

----------------Bent-------------------

I think we'll give it more of a go. I think we'll get battered anyway, but I think we'll give it more of a go.

Given

Cuellar Dunne Clark Warnock

Petrov Herd

Bannan Jenas Gabby

Bent

Left Hutton out for Cuellar as Ashley would destroy Hutton, especially with his positioning. At least Cuellar would stick to Ash and probably know how to deal with him. Also left out Collins for Clark, would be a major risk but I envisage a Zat Knight performance v Man Utd at home a few years ago with Collins current form.

Also chosen Jenas over N'Zogbia as he'd work a bit harder and probably keep the ball better.

I think that ManYoo will be up for some spilling of blood following their "B Team" loss to Palace.

We should be up for it after our dull affair at Swansea, but unfortunately our manager doesn't have the ability to make many of the players feel like they should give a shit.

Unlike this one last year when Houllier had no option but to send the kids into the baptism of fire (and my God they did well), sadly Mc"I'm worth 2million quid compensation"Leish will be putting such greats out as Hutton and Heskey. Get the sodding kids out playing some exciting stuff rather than these donkeys.

Given

Cuellar Dunne Clark Warnock

Petrov Herd

Bannan Jenas Gabby

Bent

Left Hutton out for Cuellar as Ashley would destroy Hutton, especially with his positioning. At least Cuellar would stick to Ash and probably know how to deal with him. Also left out Collins for Clark, would be a major risk but I envisage a Zat Knight performance v Man Utd at home a few years ago with Collins current form.

Also chosen Jenas over N'Zogbia as he'd work a bit harder and probably keep the ball better.

Thats the team I would play. Picks the form players and having Cuellar who has seen a lot of Young marking him should work well.

I expect us to lose 1-0 Man utd have been struggling for goals but defending very well.