Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

I think Man Ure are there for the taking. If we set up positve and get at them I think this game is winable.

I have seen man ure a number of times this season and I actually think this is the weakest man ure team I have seen for a while especially at the back.

The only problem we have is the man in charge because I seriously doubt McLeish is thinking we can get 3 points. If we had a positive manger with a positive outlook who was capable of picking the right startiong XI I think we could really get at them like we did last year.

I have a real fear though that McLeish will put out a defensive team and try and play for a 0-0 like he did at spurs because he is a massive clearing in the woods.

Man Ure are not as strong as they once were look at the way Norwich, Newcatle,Man City, Benfica and Basle have got at them and all those games were at the Theatre of Cheats.

I hope McLeish goes for it and starts with Jenas,Bannan and Petrov coming in for Heskey Delph and Nzogbia.

I just hope Young doesn't score, and if he does I hope he doesn't celebrate. It will break my heart.

If he plays its his destiny to score. And if he celebrates....so what?

He did everything right by us, unlike the piss-taking Downing and I hope he gets all the success he deserves. As it is, I'm sure he'll get a respectful and warm welcome back from the Villa fans.

--------------------- Arriva Bus ----------------------

Cuellar --- Collins --- Clark --- Dunne --- Warnock

------- Hutton ------------------------- Heskey -------

------------------------ Petrov --------------------------

------ Gabby --------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------- Bent ---------------------------

That's the team I think we'll line-up with.

The problem I have with McLeish's tactics of late is that he seems to think that in order to play defensively, you need to play defensive players. This doesnt have to be the case as far as Im concerned, and you should still strive to get your best 11 players out onto the pitch.

For example, last year against Man City at home we played a front 6 of:

Petrov, Alby, Young, Downing, Gabby & Bent.

That's just about as attacking as you can get; but we still lined up in a defensive manner and starved City of chances. I dont see why we cant do the same against United. In no way, shape or form do Heskey & Hutton represent better options than Bannan and Jenas, so i'll be more than a little miffed if the pair of them start on Saturday.

The problem I have with McLeish's tactics of late is that he seems to think that in order to play defensively, you need to play defensive players. This doesnt have to be the case as far as Im concerned, and you should still strive to get your best 11 players out onto the pitch.

For example, last year against Man City at home we played a front 6 of:

Petrov, Alby, Young, Downing, Gabby & Bent.

That's just about as attacking as you can get; but we still lined up in a defensive manner and starved City of chances. I dont see why we cant do the same against United. In no way, shape or form do Heskey & Hutton represent better options than Bannan and Jenas, so i'll be more than a little miffed if the pair of them start on Saturday.

Agreed. That was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen from Villa. We did have Cuellar and Clark in the fullback positions, but as you said, the front 6 was very attack-minded. I don't see why McLeish can't just replace Warnock and Hutton with Clark and Cuellar if he wants to be more defensive.

and i'm coming down for this one along with 2 man u fans, got em sitting in the upper holte with me & my cuz haha! *don't shoot!!!* they'll behave whilst sitting quietly in neutral colours, prawn sandwich in hand haha, i've warned them! they're good lads who go to plenty of utd games too. just hope we give this a go PLEASE, is that SO much to ask?

Then their tickets are invalid and if they are caught, whoever supplied their tickets might get a nasty surprise.

It only ever goes two ways against this lot, we take an early lead and then one of their youngsters comes on and has the game of their life netting multiple times and either winning the game or snatching a point (before disappearing off the planet), or...

...we stand around in awe of their players and get our arses handed to us on a plate.

I'm hoping we can get something but I have the same inevitable feeling I always get against this lot, because they havent lost at VP since 1995 and I dont think that embarassing record will end this weekend, unfortunately.

and i'm coming down for this one along with 2 man u fans, got em sitting in the upper holte with me & my cuz haha! *don't shoot!!!* they'll behave whilst sitting quietly in neutral colours, prawn sandwich in hand haha, i've warned them! they're good lads who go to plenty of utd games too. just hope we give this a go PLEASE, is that SO much to ask?

Then their tickets are invalid and if they are caught, whoever supplied their tickets might get a nasty surprise.

Like that will happen really...

Like that will happen really...

If they are removed from the ground as away fans in home areas, there is likely to be action taken against however supplied the ticket. It has happened before, but you're right, it's unlikely.

someone grass the ****