Swansea v Villa Betting

The-Weekender

Tough task for Villa after being brushed aside by Spurs on Monday but it’ll be interesting to see how Swansea bounce back after a first home loss of the season even if it was an expected one.

Across the board the bookmakers are expecting a home win with odds of around 13/10 the best you’ll get with Villa priced up at around 12/5 and the draw (perhaps the most expected result amongst most Villa fans) available at 5/2.

Personally, I’m steering clear of the match result and will just be backing a high scoring match. We all know about our own defensive frailties but hopefully we can nick a couple of goals ourselves on the break.

Swansea v Aston Villa Betting Preview

What does everyone else fancy?

As always, I'll bet on a Villa loss/draw, regardless of what I think our chances are. I don't understand this "never bet against your team" thing. I always do it. If Villa win, I've lost a bit of money but I don't care. If Villa don't win/lose, then I've won some money as a consolation.

So will you be betting on those scores?

I tend not to bet on correct scores cos it's just a wild guess a lot of the time and your bet could be ruined in minutes. It's interesting people not only think we'll lose but that we'll lose by about two. Instead of goin with Swansea 2-0, Swansea -1 on the asian handicap is usually better cos you get your money back if Swansea win by one.

Shorter odds though surely ?

Less than 2.5 goals may be a decent shout

Yeah definitely shorter odds, maybe about 2/1 considering Swansea are 13/10 to simply win the match.

You can back 2-0 Swansea at a best price 10/1 . I'm not too sure about under 2.5 goals though, our defence is conceding at least 2 goals a game at the moment and I fancy us to nick at least 1. Scott Sinclair to score could be decent as well (21/10) at the moment. He's their penalty taker and he's up against Hutton or Cuellar.

Â