Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We need to sort this mess out, and quick. Play anything like we did last night as we might as well not turn up. We need to win this one (that means attacking Alex) as our run of games after Sunday make me want to hang myself from a tree branch. I would play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Cuellar

CB Clark

LB Delph

CM Bannan

CM Petrov ©

CM Herd

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Collins, Jenas, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey.

I'd put my house and my car on McLeish not picking that team.

We need to sort this mess out, and quick. Play anything like we did last night as we might as well not turn up. We need to win this one (that means attacking Alex) as our run of games after Sunday make me want to hang myself from a tree branch. I would play:

GK Given

RB Hutton

CB Cuellar

CB Clark

LB Delph

CM Bannan

CM Petrov ©

CM Herd

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Collins, Jenas, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey.

I'd put my house and my car on McLeish not picking that team.

Changing the entire back 4 is pretty extreme, and it wouldn't really help matters. I'd put Herd in for Hutton at RB as he deserves his place, but I'd like to see Jenas come in to CM. I'd drop Collins and put Bannan in for Heskey. That is:

GK Given

RB Herd

CB Clark/Cuellar

CB Dunne

LB Warnock

CM Jenas

CM Petrov ©

CM Bannan

RW N'Zogbia

CF Bent

LW Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Clark/Cuellar, Hutton, Ireland, Albrighton, Heskey, Wiemann.

------------ Given -------------

Hutton - Dunne - Clark - Warnock

------------- Herd -------------

--------Petrov ---Jenas --------

N'Zogbia---------------Agbonlahor

--------------Bent-------------

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Cueller, Ireland, Delph, Albrighton, Fonz.

Yes I know how gash Hutton is but King Carlos won't be 100% yet. Enough changes to stir up a response from those that are dropped but enough stability to not collapse at the first bit of pressure. Zog will need to track back.

We cannot afford to be over run by Swansea in Midfield on Sunday.

Given

Herd      Cuellar    Dunne      Clark

Jenas     Petrov     Delph

N'Zogbia     Bent    Agbonlahor

Would be mine. Perfect symmetry with Zoggy and Gabby running the channels and cutting inside on their stronger foot.

Cuellar alongside Dunne can't be any worse than Collins. I don't remember them having any mares together, and you do have to have a bit of realism and look at the Swansea strikers. I think we can afford to lose a bit of stability for the sake of trying something new.

Gabby is so good on the left that he can cover if Clark drops deep as another CB, plus Delph on the left of midfield has the bite and energy to rotate around if required. Herd has shown he's an excellent RB and I think we need to make that his position.

Petrov and Delph tidying up in front of the back 4 was starting to look really good in some matches so I'd put them back together. Both can release Gabby, Bent or Delph with good balls out from the back. Jenas is the playmaker.

---------------Given------------------

Herd-----Dunne---Clark-----Warnock

----------Delph-----Petrov-----------

---Nzog--------Jenas---------Gabby

---------------Bent-------------------

Bench: Guzan, Cuellar, Alby, Bannan, Ireland, Gardner, Weimann

Let's attack them and get in behind too. This is crucial, see the Hernandez goal on saturday...we need to pressurise them up top.

We need a big win 3 or 4 nil.

We all know Hutton Collins and Heskey will start though.

----------------Given----------------

Cuellar---Dunne--Clark---Warnock

----------------Herd------------------

--------Petrov-------Jenas-----------

N'Zog-------------------------Gabby

---------------Bent-------------------

So all of us agree Collins should be dropped, let's not hold our breaths waiting for that to happen. I'll be dissapointed if we don't win this. If we don't I think we're set for a place in the relegation zone as we welcome in 2012. Although Randy opened his cheque book when we were in a relegation battle last January. Hmmm, is the fixture list a blessing in disguise..? :nod: :oops:

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to second guess how the McDull will have us lining up, I suspect it will be rather more defensive than some of the suggestions so far though.

We need to win this game, nothing less will be good enough in terms of upcoming games, our season or the position of McDull who is going to be in for a very bumpy ride in future games.

That said I don't think we will win it, I think we will struggle and I think we will be fortunate to come home with a point.

One thing I do expect though is Collins to be dropped, if he is in the starting line up then I will be calling for McDull's head way before a ball is kicked.

The talking points on team selection are as follows:

If we play a 3 man midfield, who comes in for Heskey - Jenas or Bannan? Alternatively, do we drop Herd and play both?

Who plays at right back? Cuellar or Hutton? Presumably Hutton.

Does Collins get dropped? Probably not.

GK - Given

RB - Herd

LB - Warnock

CB - Cuellar

CB - Dunne

CM - Petrov

CM - Jenas

CM - Ireland

RW - N'Zogbia

LW - Agbonlahor

ST - Bent

SUBS - Guzan, Clark, Hutton, Bannan, Delph, Gardner, Albrighton.

Admittedly no striker on the bench but we have Gabby & Bent on the pitch so can rotate if needed. I just don't want Heskey in the squad. He's so shit.