Going bald/going grey

wiggyrichard

I'm thinning and receding at an alarming rate but it doesn't bother me at all, never has done

My hair used to come all the way down my back when I was about 22 and I noticed then that I was receding and in the middle of summer after a horrible sweaty drinking session I decided to shave it off (it was the first time I had cut my hair in about 6 years) best thing I ever done, I coildnt imagine having long hair now and genuinely wouldn't want it

I'm thinning and graying...slowly. I'm not too fussed about it, it's the way it goes, isn't it? I've made it to 40 and I still get carded sometimes when I go out to bars, so I console myself that way :P

I shave my head regularly anyway. I'd welcome baldness, so I wouldn't have to shave so often.

You say that now but it'd only be that way if it all went completely or evenly at the same time, which for the most part it doesn't. So you're left with "patches" of thin, so you shave more often to keep it even.

Seven Held Over Amish Beard-Cutting Attacks

When I saw the surname of the guys arrested I thought this was a joke :lol: Levi Miller, Johnny Mullet and Lester Mullet are among the seven men arrested by the FBI over the attacks who were part of an Amish splinter group

Seven men from an Amish splinter group have been arrested on hate crime charges by the FBI accused of humiliating beard and hair-cutting attacks on fellow members of their community.

The men, from Ohio, are being held over a series of religiously-motivated assaults.

The most serious charges could carry a maximum sentence of life in prison, the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

"The defendants forcibly restrained multiple Amish men and cut off their beards and head hair with scissors and battery-powered clippers," the statement said.

It added they caused "bodily injury to these men while also injuring others who attempted to stop the attacks."

The Amish typically shun many modern conveniences, including cars

The assaults are viewed as particularly offensive for the Amish because, once married, Amish men typically do not trim their beards and Amish women do not cut their hair for religious and cultural reasons.

Descendants of 18th century German-speaking immigrants, the Amish are Protestants who shun many modern conveniences such as driving cars.

The attacks took place in three counties south of Cleveland, home to one of the country's largest Amish populations.

Among those arrested is the breakaway sect's leader, Bishop Samuel Mullet Sr of Ohio's Bergholz clan.

He is accused of orchestrating the beard-cuttings as revenge for being shunned by the Amish community.

I'd like to see Sam Mullet convicted and taken from the community," sheriff Abdalla said after the recent attack. You just can't realise the power and domination he has over his people.

Jefferson county sheriff Fred Abdalla

His sons Johnny and Lester Mullet were also arrested, along with family member Daniel Mullet.

Police are also holding Levi Miller, Eli Miller, and Emanuel Schrock, all from Bergholz.

In one of the attacks earlier this month, an elderly Amish man had his hair and beard chopped off by his son and grandsons, who have ties to the sect.

The man did not press charges, however, in line with Amish practice, Jefferson county sheriff Fred Abdalla said.

"I'd like to see Sam Mullet convicted and taken from the community," sheriff Abdalla said after the recent attack.

"You just can't realise the power and domination he has over his people."

In October, five of the alleged attackers - Daniel, Johnny, and Lester Mullet, and Levi and Eli Miller - were arrested on charges of kidnapping and aggravated burglary after they were accused of attacking a family of five.

Â