Sepp Blatter: "No Racism, Let's Shake Hands"

maqroll

It's mental.

The Daily Mail had an article a week or two ago saying basically the same thing. That people like Ferdinand and Evra should "get on with the game" because racism isn't as bad as it was, so what's the problem?

I thought that was appalling and I can't believe the head of FIFA is basically saying the same thing.

For me, Blatter denying there is racism, whilst still bad, isn't the issue.

You could (emphasis on the could, not should) put that down to naievity (extreme as it is) or wanting to make football appear better than it is.

However, acknowledging incidents of racism and saying that they basically don't matter and people shoul djust forget about it is shocking.

The guy is a total buffoon.

Okay i'm not defending racism at all... but... i'm curious of your opinion.

If I was playing football, or walking down the street, or whatever.... and someone from a different race came up to me and said "You white bastard" ... i really don't think i'd be offended at all. Well, not by the "white" bit anyway... it's kinda true. I really wouldn't care.

Would you feel like you've been racially abused if that happened to you?

Okay i'm not defending racism at all... but... i'm curious of your opinion.

If I was playing football, or walking down the street, or whatever.... and someone from a different race came up to me and said "You white bastard" ... i really don't think i'd be offended at all. Well, not by the "white" bit anyway... it's kinda true. I really wouldn't care.

Would you feel like you've been racially abused if that happened to you?

If anything that's off topic.

I can sort of see your point, honky.

Whilst we're on the subject of racism... if I may take this briefly off topic...

Has anyone spotted the graffiti on the sign outside the entrance to Aston Park (coming from the opposite end to Villa Park).

It reads, "No White Basterdzz". I find this a little disenchanting, and to be honest, would have thought the local plod might have done something about this by now. It could be quite intimidating for some of the many people who venture through their on a match day and really shouldnt be tolerated. Unless ofcourse it was just anti-spurs banter, in which case, im all behind it.

It's mental.

The Daily Mail had an article a week or two ago saying basically the same thing. That people like Ferdinand and Evra should "get on with the game" because racism isn't as bad as it was, so what's the problem?

I thought that was appalling and I can't believe the head of FIFA is basically saying the same thing.

For me, Blatter denying there is racism, whilst still bad, isn't the issue.

You could (emphasis on the could, not should) put that down to naievity (extreme as it is) or wanting to make football appear better than it is.

However, acknowledging incidents of racism and saying that they basically don't matter and people shoul djust forget about it is shocking.

The guy is a total buffoon.

The Daily Mail you say..... :detect:

He is the only man in the world more stubborn than that word removed O'Neill.

\i think that's a tad difficult to say unless you have met everyone in the world.

On Blatter, the disgraceful thing i that he is in a position that makes these words more prominent. He should be nowhere near an office of this type

i stand by my comment in general chat, i think a mixture of his poor english and the english hating him has led to this being blown out of proportion

the question he got asked was after the 2 high profile incidents is there a problem with racism in football?

his answer no - which i agree with, TS are saying that he should have said yes and FIFA are doing everything they can to sort it, but i disagree, there is far less racism in football than in society as a whole and its probably the most diverse of any sport

full answer no there is no racism - IMO is poor english, if he says there is no racism problem, then see point 1

finally the hand shake, as a poorly explained and zatman has suggested earlier, IMO things get said during a game that you can instantly regret, id rather the 2 players shook hands and sorted it between themselves, followed by the guilty party being rightly punished as opposed to trial by media and prefabricated apologies coming 3 weeks later, so again i see it as poor english with an agreeable point behind it

and from what ive seen and heard, no one else in world football cares

Â