Most overrated player in football history?

Guest av1

Beckham an English legend? How many England Legends are there? If Beckham is one its going to be a pretty long list imo...

Yet over the past 10 years you could only really say Beckham is one. Yep gonna be a real long list that.

i'd say owen is a legend in his own right and scholes too, although probably not for england

David Beckham is an interesting one. He was a very good player but i think people are overrating him because of the media hype he has received through his career,

I remember once a magazine jokingly wrote that Paul Scholes could go on a killing spree in Manchester and still not get as many headlines as a new Beckham haircut :D

Im not so sure Beckham is a legend. What he is is the most outstanding ambassador for English football that this country has seen for years, by a country mile.

His passion and attitude have been first class ever since he got sent off.

David Beckham is an interesting one. He was a very good player but i think people are overrating him because of the media hype he has received through his career,

I remember once a magazine jokingly wrote that Paul Scholes could go on a killing spree in Manchester and still not get as many headlines as a new Beckham haircut :D

I personally think a lot of people underrate him because he's not as flash a player as his off pitch image would suggest. He was world class at what he did, his passing rage and crossing ability was unbelievable and his work ethic unmatched.

The guy has 115 England caps, captained the country over 50 times and unlike the Scholes's and Shearer's of this world, never retired. Won titles in England and Spain in for the worlds 2 biggest clubs.

Add that to the way he's represented England in the Olympic and World Cup bids, I don't know what some people want...the guy is an English footballing Legend.

He has always been a warrior and brave but he just never had the talent. If he wasnt a Scouser he probably would have been dispensed a long time ago

agreed again

There are certain clubs where players do tend to get overrated more often, Liverpool are one of them and West Ham is another, but by far the worst are Spurs.

Im sorry Gareth Bale is the greatest player of all time in any sport :D but agree Spurs are the worst for overrating by media. for example last season some members of press were saying King was as good as Mcgrath(comparison was because of similar injuries)

Dont think anybody ever rated Justin Edinburgh ;)

Im sorry Gareth Bale is the greatest player of all time in any sport :D but agree Spurs are the worst for overrating by media. for example last season some members of press were saying King was as good as Mcgrath(comparison was because of similar injuries)

That was Glaston, wasnt it? :?

Â