Glorious PC gamer Vs Dirty peasant console gamer

wiggyrichard

ngo61h.jpg

Begin...

Im a peasent and proud. Would'nt touch a PC for games with a shitty stick. For too many things to go wrong with a PC and using a controller takes more skill*.

*It probably takes more skill with a mouse and keyboard but its my thread and what i say goes! :P

At heart i'm a PC gamer. Used to love Call of Duty 2, Counter Strike Source, Half Life 2, Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I find that keyboard and mouse doesnt necessarily require more skill to use, it's just much better and more accurate.

But due to costs of keeping PC's up to date, and a lot of friends having an xbox.... I'm a dirty peasant. However, I do prefer football games (FIFA) on console, but FPS should be on a PC.

Doesn't really bother me.

I've played PC games in the past, but these days I have alaptop that won't really run the latest ones.

Always been MORE OF (but not exclusively) a console gamer just because rarely have I had a bang up to date PC that plays the best games.

For me a console is simpler. I buy one, it lasts me for 5 or 6 years (or longer) until a new one comes out and I buy that.

With a PC the constant upgrading of this, that and those seemed complicated and expensive.

No doubt someone will post something that shows PC gaming is actually cheaper and less complicated (and I'll concede that my lack of understanding of things like graphics cards and processors doesn't help) but that's just how I felt about it.

Why not just accept that certain things are better on console and others better on PC?

If you're into video games in a big way (as I am) then surely having both would be a good idea? Cost permitting of course.

As far as 'things going wrong' whilst playing a game on a PC, I can't remember any game I've owned for the last five years plus ever crashing.

I'd say these days I play 80% of my games on console but the 20% reserved for PC tend to be games that wouldn't work in console format.

Best of both worlds.

I enjoy playing FPS games on a PC as i prefer to use a mouse i find it awkward using a console controller it doesnt seem fluid enough ive had the trouble with battlefield 3 recently bought it for the PS3 and finding it hard to make the transition but im slowly getting used to it. On the flip side of the coin i enjoy consoles when i can play Fifa with mates and have a beer or two as well which u cannot do with a PC, i have all the major gaming platforms anyway so never had the problem

I do find the hardcore PC gaming crowd tiresome (you know, if it's not 120FPS constant it's bullshit), I've pretty much always been a console gamer (bar a couple of games - HL2, Doom 3, and of course FM, etc). I can't deny however that I'd love a really good rig, and it's something I'm gonna do when I've scrounged together enough moolah - the aim is a decent gaming rig for the things that will show off it's power, that I can also use as an entertainment centre effectively - movies, music, etc, hooked up to a decent TV and sound system.

That dreams becoming more pressing as my 2006 built PC falls apart. Still having to fudge along with a dying HDD. :(

Its just tech enthusiasts trying to get the best out of their machines

The same could be said for racing car drivers trying to get extra BHP out of their engines obviously because its cars though its considered cool each to their own

The PS3 for me is ideal for my gaming requirements. Since I kicked the WoW habit, I like spending an hour or so a couple of evenings a week playing games, although that goes up a bit when something good comes out, like Batman. My Macbook Pro is kept for "serious" stuff like Photoshop.

I have a macbook pro, hopefully a new gaming PC soon, an xbox 360.

so I am all 3, so fag off.

although for me

FPS & Strategy = PC wins

Car games = xbox wins

normal daily computer stuff = Mac wins

open/RPG element games = fallout, mass effect, gta = xbox wins for me

PC mainly for the likes of FM and Tropico. Plus of course MMO's, such as the upcoming SWTOR.

360 for most other games.

PS3 for Blu-Rays and the odd exclusive game.

Basically, I like them all for their own reasons and have fun with all of them.

I still play PC for games like WoW, Counter strike and Team fortress. For games like Call of Duty i use console.

You mean Team Fortress Classic, or 2?

PC will ALWAYS win for gaming, I have a PS3, but a decent rig for PC will blow the PS3 and 360 to bits!

PC will ALWAYS win for gaming, I have a PS3, but a decent rig for PC will blow the PS3 and 360 to bits!

That's a personal opinion really. It depends what you like to play games on. I have a powerful PC, yet enjoy playing most kinds of games more on my 360.

Its just tech enthusiasts trying to get the best out of their machines

The same could be said for racing car drivers trying to get extra BHP out of their engines obviously because its cars though its considered cool each to their own

Agreed.

I think about the only thing I use a pc for in gaming is FM. Console for me.

Â