Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

VdV's scored 4 goals against us in 2 games. He's Tottenham's Balotelli.

he is simply amazing, i could only wish for a player like that at this football club

:D

Come on SGC - Stop takin the piss. Its so obvious. You make a comment like that but then go on about how Bent is the best striker in the league by a country mile: -

- surely hes then 'simply amazing'?

i meant in that VDV is a flair player, we haven't had 1 of those for a decade, it's embarrassing for a club of this stature

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading on the Spurs forum, they are really licking their lips at the prospect of Bale vs Hutton.
I'm more worried about Walker v Warnock.

I think we could go on and on :D . I'm worried about ball vs our goal too.

Then again, last season we played well at the Lane and lost, if we did that again, I can see us getting something.

Been reading on the Spurs forum, they are really licking their lips at the prospect of Bale vs Hutton.
I'm more worried about Walker v Warnock.

I think we could go on and on :D . I'm worried about ball vs our goal too.

Then again, last season we played well at the Lane and lost, if we did that again, I can see us getting something.

Indeed. We often raise our game for the bigger teams so I don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Also, with Bent, there's always a chance that we can nick a game like this.

Looking forward to playing Real Madrid tomorrow.

They're generally good and exciting games. Thought we were the better side there last season, with Heskey running a mock until he got his inevitable injury.

It is hugely depressing reading all of the comments on here. Anyone would think we're playing Barcelona with our youth team. Unfortunately though I tend to agree that if our heads drop and we stop competing we could be on the end of a tonking!

A draw would be a valuable point. Prediction, however, is: 3-1 Spurs.

can see us taking the lead before going down 2 or 3-1 and we will have heskey playing left mid again.

id go with

----------given------------

hutton dunne collins warnock

------------herd---------------

------petrov-----bannan

gabby------------------nzogbia

------------bent---------------

Two really tough away games, Spuds then the welsh chavs

2 draws would be great, anything more than that fantastic

2 draws would hardly be great considering our December run of games. Losing at Spurs and winning at Swansea would be good, drawing at Spurs and winning at Swansea would be great.

I think a defensive pairing of Clark-Dunne will do the the job. Dunne needs to stop Adebayor and Clark would stop probably VDV or who else starts there if VDV is injured. I have lost all my faith in Collins. He is a headless chicken constantly making last ditch tackles. Dunne has to constantly cover for Collins errors. I also think Petrov-Herd can shut down their midfield. I'd also put Bannan as the CAM in front of those two and tell Bannan he has is the creator and doesn't really need to focus on defense. Then the normal front three. Looks something like this:

----------------Bent------------------

--Agbonlahor------------N'Zogbia--

----------------Bannan--------------

---------Petrov-------Herd----------

-Warnock--Clark--Dunne--Hutton-

----------------Given-----------------

I'd also like to swap N'zogbia for Albrighton but McLeish won't do that. N'Zogbia has been shite so why not let Albrighton run at Assou-Ekotto. Also with all of Albrighton's failed crosses and poor attempts, he creates quality chances. The lad tries and has determination which we need. We can't just let Gabby create all the chances.

Someone try to tell me this isn't the best line-up we have. **** McLeish always messing up the starting XI and playing no tactics.