Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been to the lane a couple of times recently. It was 4-4 and 0-0. We may be able to get a result here as we normally play ok there. This is the 1st season we have been there under McLeish so I fully expect 11 behind the ball which is not the way to play against spurs as they themselves are crap at the back IMO if you get at them.

White Hart Lane is a right shit hole too :lol:

Yeah, the walk back to 7 Sisters is always interesting

Last time I went I drove and parked in Harlow and got the train to Northumberland Park and walked the other way to the ground.

Equally as shit going that way and sharing a train with around 850 spurs fans is always quite interesting when your on your jack :lol:

I think Mcleish would love to have this formation

Big huge Bus

Heskey Dunne Collins Gabby

Petrov

Large Brick Wall Large Brick Wall Large Brick Wall Large Brick Wall

Bent

With the tactic to for Petrov to hit, blindly, long balls over the wall for bent to chase.

Sorry i fear a tanking.

Would love to be at it though - havent been to an away game in 10 years and always wanted to go to one at White Hart Lane

3-0 I think :/

I'd play ...

Given

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Bannan Herd

Gabby Bent Heskey.

I know "Heskey" but ...we need someone willing to work hard with Kyle Walker ....and while Gabby works his bollocks off, I don't want to see him being limited to just defensive work so when he gets in the final third, he's tired, hasn't got the energy to burst past players or deliver end product. Keep him fresh, try and keep him as high as possible.

Or could play a diamond midfield so that Petrov sits, Herd covers left side, Gary Gardner possible start comes in and fills in right side, Bannan in the hole.

the tactic i would use is also the biggest danger to our attack.

use gabby on the same line as Bale to push him back.

if Bale is on one it might do the same to gabby however.

but gabby is in form and if you channel it to him it could result in bale getting booked, if that happens early then he will woos out of tackles.