John Terry

CI

JT isnt that bad, i dont believe hes a racist, hes surrounded by black players at both england and chelsea, plus anton is the younger brother of his england partner, it doesnt make sense

although him and cahill will make a great partnership at both levels

however, the FA have done their job and investigated it and dealt with it, i dont agree with the law getting involved in this, actually, i dont agree with the law getting involved in anything that happens on the pitch, thats what the FA are there for, to govern the game

Disagree. I think Cahill is overrated, him and an ageing Terry will be pulled out of position a lot IMO.

Never got the hype with Terry, good defender but nothing more for me. I've never been one of his fans on or indeed off the pitch. However that said he did have a fantastic game the other night at Spurs. Best I've seen him play in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

John Terry's image has for some reason appeared on packets of cigarettes in India :crylaugh:Full BBC Story

Representatives of John Terry are taking legal advice after an image resembling the England football captain appeared on cigarette packs in India.

The blurred head-and-upper-body image appears above the words Smoking Kills.

_57661343_013622644-1.jpg

Disagree. I think Cahill is overrated, him and an ageing Terry will be pulled out of position a lot IMO.

Never got the hype with Terry, good defender but nothing more for me. I've never been one of his fans on or indeed off the pitch. However that said he did have a fantastic game the other night at Spurs. Best I've seen him play in a while.

Largely agree.

Cahill is has garnered a reputation, somehow, far beyond what he deserves imo. And a partnership of him and Terry would be terrible, they are both quite slow and immobile and both defend quite similarly. It's telling that Terry's best days were when he was partnered with a defender that was much more disciplined and, in all honesty, probably smarter too - Carvalho would always cover Terry's eye catching 'heroic' stuff. For that reason (as well as Terry's decline) I believe they want Cahill to replace him in time rather than partner him.

Terry himself rather mirrors Laursen for us. Eye catching defending and gives his all every week, which makes a number of fans myopic to his flaws.

Cahill is has garnered a reputation, somehow, far beyond what he deserves imo

like Lescott mainly for goals. No joking if Collins got 6-8 goals this season he would be thought of as a top defender by media

• 4 weeks later...

It seems AVB is from the same school on the Terry issue as Sepp Blatter with this comment;

The QPR defender is reportedly agonising over whether to shake Terry's hand before Saturday's match, amid fears it could be viewed as hypocritical.

"The environment was outstanding the last time we played there at Loftus Road, so I expect it to be the same."

Andre Villas-Boas

Quotes of the week

Asked if it was important he did so, Villas-Boas said: "Extremely important, extremely important."

He added: "This game is based on good values more than anything else. These players should continue to promote these good values."

Here

Good values? John Terry? Who the **** does he think he is kidding? This is a man who shags his best mates misses and is currently charged with racially abusing an opponent, the same one AVB now wants him to shake hands with. Seriously good values? I hope the press laughed in his face.

Some nut job out there sent Ferdinand a bullet in the post all because of Terry and AVB wants him to shake his hand! I used to like AVB, I thought he was a refreshing change to most the managers at the big clubs but turns out he is as much of a dick as the rest.

It seems AVB is from the same school on the Terry issue as Sepp Blatter with this comment;

The QPR defender is reportedly agonising over whether to shake Terry's hand before Saturday's match, amid fears it could be viewed as hypocritical.

"The environment was outstanding the last time we played there at Loftus Road, so I expect it to be the same."

Andre Villas-Boas

Quotes of the week

Asked if it was important he did so, Villas-Boas said: "Extremely important, extremely important."

He added: "This game is based on good values more than anything else. These players should continue to promote these good values."

Here

Good values? John Terry? Who the **** does he think he is kidding? This is a man who shags his best mates misses and is currently charged with racially abusing an opponent, the same one AVB now wants him to shake hands with. Seriously good values? I hope the press laughed in his face.

Some nut job out there sent Ferdinand a bullet in the post all because of Terry and AVB wants him to shake his hand! I used to like AVB, I thought he was a refreshing change to most the managers at the big clubs but turns out he is as much of a dick as the rest.

I think they should shake hands.

Does this story need anymore negative ammunition??

On the pitch - its about the game, not whats going on elsewhere (or at least thats what they are trying to promote).

Why should Ferdinand shake the racists hand ?

He has not apologised simply lied by denying

Ferdinand would be letting himself and all the black people down if he shook

So hes been proven guilty??

Letting all the black people down?? Are black people the only people affected by racism?

What about Anton Ferdinands role as a sportsman, a role model that I believe he has regardless of John Terry's behaviour, as all footballers do.

This is now an off the field matter. Why promote it further 'on the field'?

In this instance it's a white / black thing but I get your point

I'm white and ashamed and repulsed by the fact Terry is captain of our national side

The FA need to address this & for Chelsea not to suspend Terry until the criminal investigation is over is a joke

Ps I thought he'd been charged ??

Â