John Terry

CI

if calling someone a black word removed is racist then I'm a dutchman.

It's abusive but not racist.

I think I know what your suggesting but I disagree.

Do you believe its not racist because Anton Ferdinand is actually black? So by calling him 'black' you are simply pointing out the facts??

The problem in this case is that by calling someone a 'black word removed' you use the colour of their skin to add emphasis to the abuse - i.e. it could be seen that John Terry actually thinks he is a word removed because he is black.

For me the easiest question is.....

If Anton Ferdinand is a word removed - what has whether he is black or white got to do with it?

Its not racist, the same way if someone who is black called me a white word removed, or if i was fat a fat word removed etc etc.

Neither have anything to do with anything its just abusive not racists.

A word removed of the highest order. Great player no doubt, but a complete tool!

was never a great player for me. Brave but not great similar to Carragher. He was always carried by Carvalho, Ferdinand and now Alex

I hate John terry and think he's a word removed and hope he is found guilty and gets banned from everything.

But he hasn't been found guilty and if calling someone a black word removed is racist then I'm a dutchman.

It's abusive but not racist.

If you were walking through Aston and a group of black of Asian lads were to refer to you as a white so and so it would just be general abuse and not have any racial connotations?

As soon as you bring colour into the issue then you're making it a racial issue. It's why Steve Williams' comments about Tiger Woods were racist and why John Terry will be guilty of racism if the allegation agains him is proven.

Football in recent years is one of the few areas of life where race, religion etc have been truly unimportant. Let's hope it stays that way.

I'm not even sure that is true. There hasnt been an openly gay footballer in this country since Justin Fashanu in the 1980s. Graeme Le Saux got no end of abuse for being gay when he played, and he was married with kids! What is somebody who is actually gay going to think when he sees that going on to a clearly hetrosexual bloke who it seems only got the abuse because he read The Guardian?

There are still plenty of out of date attitudes in football, and while on the whole football is pretty good with racism and cultural diversity, homophobia is rife.

A word removed of the highest order. Great player no doubt, but a complete tool!

was never a great player for me. Brave but not great similar to Carragher. He was always carried by Carvalho, Ferdinand and now Alex

Hardly carried by Alex.

Alex has only played 18 games in the past 2 seasons.

I'm not even sure that is true. There hasnt been an openly gay footballer in this country since Justin Fashanu in the 1980s. Graeme Le Saux got no end of abuse for being gay when he played, and he was married with kids! What is somebody who is actually gay going to think when he sees that going on to a clearly hetrosexual bloke who it seems only got the abuse because he read The Guardian?

There are still plenty of out of date attitudes in football, and while on the whole football is pretty good with racism and cultural diversity, homophobia is rife.

I wouldn't suggest for one minute that football in England is not without its problems and your point about homophobia is one I completely agree with. I was really just referring to the issue of race where English football has taken massive strides on and off the pitch. Even there it is arguable there is work to be done at a managerial level.

Hardly carried by Alex.

Watch Chelsea defence without Alex and they are woeful. no surprise he returned on saturday and their first clean sheet in months.

possibly most underrated defender in England

Doesn't really back up what you're saying though.

How can Alex have carried John Terry when he's only played a handful of games with him?

Personally, although Terry as a person is a lowlife, to dismiss his talents as a footballer is naieve at best.

Maybe overrated (hate that word), but still a very very good defender.

he is a good player i wont deny that but he isnt a great player as was mentioned. He would struggle to get into a top 20 central defenders list in Europe of last 5 years for me. Personally would have Dunne in my team than Terry

But it's interesting how you attribute Chelsea's improved defence with Alex in the lineup to Alex carrying Terry, as opposed to Alex being better than the player he's replacing.

Villa's defence was better with Laursen and Mellberg at CB than it was with laursen and Zat Knight.

Does that mean Mellberg carried Laursen?

he is a good player i wont deny that but he isnt a great player as was mentioned. He would struggle to get into a top 20 central defenders list in Europe of last 5 years for me. Personally would have Dunne in my team than Terry

i don't really want to bring it up, but I'm going to.

Just remind me what nationalities they are?

nationality doesnt mean anything in this debate. Ive seen Dunne masterclasses for Ireland, City and occasionally Villa which ive never seen from Terry for Chelsea or England. Also Dunne has been put with rookies in the past like Richards and St.ledger and brought them to a respectable level while Terry struggles with a more talented youngster in David Luiz.

& the bellend of the day prize goes to -

1956 FOOTBALL: Managing director of Club England Adrian Bevington says he is "fully in agreement" with Fabio Capello's decision to include captain John Terry in the squad to face Spain and Sweden later this month.

Hardly carried by Alex.

Watch Chelsea defence without Alex and they are woeful. no surprise he returned on saturday and their first clean sheet in months.

possibly most underrated defender in England

Are you talking about some other bloke named Alex or do you truly believe the absurdly average one that plays for Chelsea is one of the most underrated players in the country?

Lionel Messi is average, Alex is brilliant. Incredible opinions you got there, you blow me away dude.

John Terry hasn't been a good defender in years either. He has the turning circle of a tank, he has always been a "last ditch" kind of defender which has suited his partners in the past (like Carvalho, Cole) but with his pace dwindling even further you're likely to see him become even shitter very soon.

The one thing he does have in his locker is that he rarely makes mistakes, so it's rare he offers any evidence for his averageness. Chelsea have always defended from the front, one of the hallmarks of a Mourinho side. It's no surprise at all that now they've adopted a more open style they're shipping goals left right and center.

Aside - I think David Luiz is brilliant fun, but he's no central defender. Libero maybe?

Â