• N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Jenas (for Heskey 67)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 76)

Herd was immense today in my opinion. It's the first time I've seen him play live and I was genuinely extremely impressed. I really hope he can continue to develop and put in these displays because we desperately need a central midfielder like him coming through.

Gabby was fantastic today also. I'm his biggest critic though many more appearances like this and I'll be eating humble pie.

One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is McLeish's use of subs. I thought it was extremely poor today... to the extent where it could easily of cost us 2 points. He started with Heskey, Petrov, Herd and N'Zogbia and finished with Jenas, Ireland, Herd and N'zogbia. In the first 4 at least 2 have experience and some leadership of playing in the Villa team... the second 4 no experience of Villa, and no leadership. I'm sorry, but as soon as we lost that leadership and experience on the pitch it is no co-incidence that this is when Norwich scored their second even though previously we were in complete control. The lads did well to see the game out but McLeish should be shot for his days work today.

Just got back. We played very well I think. Gabby was immense and Herd looks the real deal. We'll never get anywhere with the chuckle brothers at the back though, they just can't seem to defend crosses. All in all though, chuffed to bits.

Just got back. Good performance and 3-2 probably does flatter them a bit. Gabby was outstanding today. Bent was also good and I'm liking this partnership the two have got going. Midfield was decent, Heskey wasn't as bad as expcted, N'Zogbia's improving and Herd's really shining. The defence is still a bit of a worry but we completely controlled that game right up until their second goal. Why do we always have to make it so difficult for our selves?

Anyway, good performance and 3 points. :cheers:

I just want to enjoy the three points and I'm made up that we got them. They were an important three points as we have some very tough fixtures coming up.

Positives:

1) Gabby was once again fantastic and his partnership with Bent is really flourishing right now.

2) Warnock put in a good shift.

3) Herd looks very promising and must have covered every blade of grass, throwing in some nice tackles along the way.

4) We finally got three points.

5) Jenas looked up for it and played some nice balls.

Negatives:

1) Heskey isn't good enough to start for us, even though he put in a decent shift today.

2) Our defence still looks poor at times.

3) We should have killed the game off, yet failed to do this.

4) McLeish made some poor decisions when it came to subs.

5) N'Zogbia is playing better, yet his decision making is poor at times and he keeps just running straight into players.

That's all I can think of right now. Basically the cracks are still there, yet we pulled off a good result today.

Gabby was MOTM for me, with Herd a close second.

on that performance, if we had 3 gabby's up front we would be second in the league behind city.

he was awesome today. he has his pace back and defenders are shit scared of him now.

bring on Vidic in 3 weeks, he is fooked.

Taking petrov off for Ireland was a shocking bit of tactical naivety from eck

It very nearly cost us 2 points

Oh yeah, I agree. However, Petrov went straight into the tunnel so maybe he was injured?

He was at his kids bonfire until 9 last night so needed a rest :D

Long ball from Given with Heskey as Target man was pretty awful today, far too predictable and a large proportion of the time lost of us possession. We cannot afford to do that against the better teams in the league.

Given 6 - Did well but distribution was poor especially in counter attacking scenarios

Warnock 5 - Didn't look all that confident, but just about survived without making any major **** ups.

Dunne 7 - In great form

Collins 5 - Did ok

Hutton 5 - One of his better games this season, decent going forward. Yet to be convinced

NZogbia 6 - Getting better but seemed selfish, needs to play the ball into the box more, instead of trying to skin 4 players and have a pop himself.

Herd 8 - He was a cool head in the first half when we were under pressure, impressed me again.

Petrov 7 - Stan's playing well, fair play to the guy. I've never been his biggest fan but with Herd holding, he seems to play better.

Heskey 6 - Standard Heskey, solid shift nothing spectacular.

Gabby 9 - Brilliant.

Bent 7 - Getting more goals thanks to a little bit more cohesion with the team

Subs:

Jenas 6 - Difficult to judge but looked up for it.

Ireland 4 - Didn't look bothered again, especially when the team needed help defensively.

Â