• Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Jenas (for Heskey 67)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 76)

Relieved.

Most players were good but Gabby was once again fantastic. Two goals from Bent is a plus as well.

I would echo the sentiments here but would add that although Zog has improved, he is not releasing the ball often enough. He just doesn't seem to grasp when he has completed his job at a certain point in play - bar being available for following up. He doesn't release to a team mate when he should often enough.

Very frustrating to watch and must be frustrating to play with when you've got yourself free and he tries to over-Zog the pudding, Again.

Expected to win, we did.

Was it convincing, far from it. We could have been two down before we woke up. Norwich also picked holes in behind quite easily and once again, we showed that we do not know how to close out a game. Last 10, anything could have happened.

Good points, Gabby was superb again but we cannot continue to rely on him as the supply line. Herd had a good game and Bent did what he did best.

Collins, awful, second goal was Hutton malingering which left Ireland at right back. NZogbia is wearing blinkers and desperately needs a goal to let him relax and just play.

Zoggy is a selfish piece of work who is always looking for a way to do it all himself first and then pass/cross when there is no other options. Pity, because with Gabby attacking from one side and Zoggy from the other, Bent would just have to stand there all day diverting it into the net.

Gabby was incredible today. Barnett is going to being waking up in the middle of the night screaming for the foreseeable future.

And Stephen Warnock - how can one player be so superb and yest so awful at the same time? Makes some lovely tackles and interceptions and gives the ball straight back!

Given 7

Warnock 6

Dunne 6

Collins 5

Hutton 5

N'Zogbia 6

Petrov 7

Herd 7

Heskey 6

Bent 8

Gabby 10

Jenas 7

Ireland -2

er what did Ireland do wrong???

Gave away a very stupid freekick late on.

Thats all i rmber him doing.

Was never a free kick

Given 7

Warnock 6

Dunne 6

Collins 5

Hutton 5

N'Zogbia 6

Petrov 7

Herd 7

Heskey 6

Bent 8

Gabby 10

Jenas 7

Ireland -2

er what did Ireland do wrong???

Gave away a very stupid freekick late on.

Thats all i rmber him doing.

Was never a free kick

he stupidly grabbed the player when there was never any need to.

He seems to be genuinely stupid

Much improvement, after the first 10 mins that is when we were total gash.

Zog is too selfish, when he does pass it's too late or it's a duff choice of passes.

Hutton much better today as well, looks good and strong at times when going forward.

Petrov makes a massive difference to our side defensively, we miss him when he's not on the pitch.

And as for Gabby, I really worry about him being poached next summer, he's in awesome form.

Given: 6

Warnock: 6

Dunne: 7

Collins: 6

Hutton: 5

Herd: 6

Petrov: 7

Heskey: 6

Zog: 7

Bent: 8

Gabby: 10

subs:

Jenas: 6

Ireland: 6

we gave away possession too easily and free kicks in dangerous areas, but i do genuinely feel we have started playing with a lot of attacking promise. Zog looks like the player we signed in the summer - but he's not quite in tune with his team mates but that will come. If i could make one change it would be Herd at RB and Jenas midfield ad maybe Bannan for Heskey although Heskey did ok today.

plus points were

gabby, on fire - 9

herd, solid display breaking it up and keeping it simple 90% of the time -8

petrov, a captains performance today shame he went off injured,

it is one of the best games i have seen him play since his debt v wet spam where he looked a world beater-8

bent- does what we want him to, scores goals, always looked dangerous -8

when those 4 were playing on the pitch together we ran the midfield from when i tuned in (29 minutes)

and that was without much support from either 'wide man'

dunne and given were the pick of the back 5 today

warnock was not as bed as some are saying, he did some great tackles and also looks good in possesion until he gets the barking orders from the touch line to hoof it

collins drifts, one minute he loks unbeatable then he goes to sleep and lets a free header which normally equals a goal

hutton had so much of the ball it was untrue but most of the time it is wasted, he needs more games and to get it in early from time to time rather than trying each time to run around the fullback

the ones who did not do much today of any note

heskey and nzog

really really want nzog to show his true form but jesus, every time he gets it it is as if he tries to run into as many players as he can before inevitably losing the ball, just pass the bloody thing instead of holding on to it and ass 95% of the time, losing it.

heskey, no pace, wasnt winning headers on a regular basis and point blank refuses even if there are no other options, to cross the ball in for the 2 or 3 waiting for the delivery.

if he were up front i could kind of understand not crossing it in as he would be one of the ones wanting to get on the end of it but when you are playing out wide you need to get the ball in the box.

he should not be starting any game, the negatives of his game far far outweigh any positives

a win is a win so despite some majopr backing away with 14 minutes to go we get 3 points.

we should have always won this and we just about managed to so the manager for a win has to get 8 out of 10, it doesnt mean he is great it means we have won for once.

Â