• N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Jenas (for Heskey 67)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 76)

Just got back great game for the neutral heart attack time once we conceded the 2nd but we did play some great football at times. Credit to Norwich they came for the 3 points and it made for a really end to end game.

Gabby was immence, Herd loves a tackle, Petrov was missed when he went off and dare i say it so was Heskey! Him and Warnock are brilliant and gash in the same move sometimes.

Chuffed with the 3 points some encouraging signs and obviously things to work on but everyone that was bemoaning the boring negative football before this game will have had to eat their words. Still one game dont make a season so lets see if we can take it to the next game and so on.

Who voted for Petrov?

I was the 2nd one who voted for him. Obviously thought Gabby ran the show and fully deserved the MOTM but Petrov was fantastic today too.

He is a bit of a problem sometimes when he reverts to his crab like safe mode, but games such as today make you realise how good he can be.

He oozed class controlling the midfield today!

Impressed with Petrov and Herd. Gabby easily MOTM. Charles continues to improve (yes, he should've made that pass to Ireland).

We need to close games down when we're in the lead.

Gabby obviously Motm

Herd was great though. Disciplined and kept things simple. Has churned out more promise in 3 games than Delph has all year.

NZogbia put some effort in but needs to get his head up.

Petrov holds us together.

Also Jenas looked very tidy indeed.

Considering it was meant to be boring I got my entertainments worth today. A fair bit of attacking and to be honest if we finshed more of our chances it might have been 5 or so. We played some really good football (Zoggy and Heskey springs to mind) and when we were on the ball we looked for the most part composed (apart from the last 15). Imo 3-2 over the whole 90 minutes flatters them a bit too much, not to say they didn't hold their own.

Our issue is whenever we're under attack I feel as though we're going to concede. The pressure we allowed in the last 15 minutes was unacceptable. However whenever we attacked I felt as though we'd score too so it's nice to be able to say that this week.

Jenas looked really sharp and the balls he was playing through were brilliant, unlike Ireland who looked half arsed yet again. I give up on him now, he is just not cutting it. Not even trying. Spurs next...ahem, glad we won today.

UTV!

Good play to everyone. Norwich's defense leaves much to be desired, but still a good game.

Gabby MotM of course, but special mention to Herd and Petrov for controlling the midfield whilst they were on. N'Zog is improving but is still far too left footed for my liking. He could take a lesson or two from Gabby about using his weaker foot.

Downing was very one footed when he arrived at VP. He left with a right nearly as strong as his left. Lets hope the Zog can follow in his footsteps - two footed wise, not the clearing off once he has developed!

McLeish has had his nuts pulled out of the fire by Gabby and Bent.

Defence - shite. Hutton, Collins and Dunne have shown nothing to suggest they are worthy of the shirt.

Midfield - passable, let's not forget it was **** Norwich, not Man Utd. Herd was very good, Petrov was OK and Heskey didn't do much wrong but he didn't pull up any trees. Can't see why we're persisting with him. Will he be playing in defence next?

Attack - Gabby and Bent were irresistable today.

Just back from the game

Gabby was sensational totally unplayable today

Also a mention for Chris Herd who is developing into a great player

Didn't get why Ireland came on for the injured Petrov it should have been Clark

We lost control as soon as Ireland came on

Also big up to all in R5 lower North, rocking

And as for Gabby, I really worry about him being poached next summer, he's in awesome form.

That's the most frustrating thing when a player shines for Villa you know he'll probably be sold. :(

Didn't see all the game but needed that win bad. Gabby was tremendous and long may it continue. Some good performance all round but our pass completition ratio is still very poor.

Just a side note. Jenas and Ireland completed 18 passes and only gave away 2 when the came on.

Â