The Mile High Club

GarethRDR

EDIT: Because mjmooney keeps whinging, and because kidlewis is being all precious, this thread is now being turned into something completely different.

I just haven't decided what yet.

Erm... give me 5 minutes, I'll try and decide what this thread should be about.

Eureka! Finally figured out what to do with this thread.

So, erm, anyone a member?

During a turbulent 12 hour flight from Florida to Birmingham, I decided to relieve some stress and open up a solo membership. It was either that, or keep watching the in-flight movie, which was Tomb Raider. :puke:

If zombie films have taught us anything then I'd rather shot myself than have to listen to Queen in a pub whilst trying to fight them off

Ps

The other zombie thread is ghey :-)

The ideal place to stay would be in an open field which has good visibility so you could see any approaching zombies with enough time to prepare for the impending attack

You would need to get fit as well running at high speeds for a long duration would be a must

Only wear tight fitting clothing and keep your hair short, when making a break for it the last thing you want is a zombie grabbing onto your trailing hood or clutching at your long hair

Try to grow as much of your own food as possible to save yourself from having to enter towns to raid and steal things as there will more than likely be a higher number of zombies there

As for fortifying the place you would just need swift access to the loft/attic as long as it has retractable ladders you will be ok (zombies don't have the intellectual capacity to use tools or improvise so you will be safe) though you would ideally need an escape route from there

Weapons- stay away from guns unless there is no other option as they make too much noise and will attract other local roaming zombies, swords and blades are fine when you are faced with close combat providing there are not too many that you are taking on. The perfect weapon is the bow and arrow but you would need to be willing to put some serious practise into it to make yourself the perfect marksman, the bow and arrow is great as it's silent accurate and can be used at range

Saving other people? DONT presume that everyone you cared about is dead, pray that the took their own life as the only other alternative is that they are walking round trying to find brains, how would you feel if you travelled for days and put yourself through so much danger just to find that your loved ones are only pleased to see you as they want rip you apart and eat you

Whoever you are with at the time of the zombie breakout are now your only family

I got in a lot of trouble once with my girlfriend, I spent £40 on a solar pannel breifcase from Maplins. My reasoning was if there was a zombie apocalypse then at least I could have electricity for essential things ie.. Xbox, FIFA, Internet.

She was not impressed and berated me in front of friends for many months. However she was very greatful on a recent camping trip when her phone battery went dead.

I'm just waiting for the first signs of a 28 Day Later-esque virus outbreak to say 'Ha, I told you so'!

I also own a nifty axe that I got from a Cornish gift shop, which I imagine would be fantastic in dealing with the walking dead.

Anyone read this: http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628

Great fun!

The ideal place to stay would be in an open field which has good visibility so you could see any approaching zombies with enough time to prepare for the impending attack

You would need to get fit as well running at high speeds for a long duration would be a must

Only wear tight fitting clothing and keep your hair short, when making a break for it the last thing you want is a zombie grabbing onto your trailing hood or clutching at your long hair

Try to grow as much of your own food as possible to save yourself from having to enter towns to raid and steal things as there will more than likely be a higher number of zombies there

As for fortifying the place you would just need swift access to the loft/attic as long as it has retractable ladders you will be ok (zombies don't have the intellectual capacity to use tools or improvise so you will be safe) though you would ideally need an escape route from there

Weapons- stay away from guns unless there is no other option as they make too much noise and will attract other local roaming zombies, swords and blades are fine when you are faced with close combat providing there are not too many that you are taking on. The perfect weapon is the bow and arrow but you would need to be willing to put some serious practise into it to make yourself the perfect marksman, the bow and arrow is great as it's silent accurate and can be used at range

Saving other people? DONT presume that everyone you cared about is dead, pray that the took their own life as the only other alternative is that they are walking round trying to find brains, how would you feel if you travelled for days and put yourself through so much danger just to find that your loved ones are only pleased to see you as they want rip you apart and eat you

Whoever you are with at the time of the zombie breakout are now your only family

10/10 for effort! :lol:

10/10 for effort! :lol:

I actually lifted most of that from the book that tommybringsgiants mentioned in his post

i'm a bit of a freak when it comes to zombies and horrors though, world war Z by max brooks is also pretty good.

zombie britannica is probably the one book that unwittingly explains how not to act when faced with a zombie appocalypse.

that has bin Dunne Kid

how about a thread on your favourite passage of Lorem ipsum ..here is mine :

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque blandit urna vitae nisl sagittis mattis. Sed convallis dui eget sem blandit tincidunt. Curabitur hendrerit dui ac arcu vulputate sagittis. Sed hendrerit mollis placerat. Duis magna elit, porttitor a consequat quis, pulvinar a mauris. Mauris volutpat blandit velit, sit amet vulputate mauris hendrerit quis. Cras scelerisque nunc non purus tincidunt vitae euismod dui porta. Proin convallis convallis faucibus.

that has bin Dunne Kid

how about a thread on your favourite passage of Lorem ipsum ..here is mine :

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque blandit urna vitae nisl sagittis mattis. Sed convallis dui eget sem blandit tincidunt. Curabitur hendrerit dui ac arcu vulputate sagittis. Sed hendrerit mollis placerat. Duis magna elit, porttitor a consequat quis, pulvinar a mauris. Mauris volutpat blandit velit, sit amet vulputate mauris hendrerit quis. Cras scelerisque nunc non purus tincidunt vitae euismod dui porta. Proin convallis convallis faucibus.

Ahh another politics thread.....

Would. But only if it was an acceptable thing to do on that particular flight and there was a designated soft cushioned area.

Who would want to do it in those horrible tiny dirty little portaloo cabins on planes? Ugh, no thank you.

Â