Weekend trip

wedge

I'm going down Saturday lunch-time, we're staying in the Dragon Hotel near the city centre on Saturday night. I'd imagine a fair few Villa fans will be going down on the Saturday so it should be a good laugh. Any of you VT'ers doing it? And if anyone has ever been to Swansea before any advice on what to do and where to go etc?

Me and TheUnderstudy are going to try and arrange something for this game I think, so we may see you there!

Been to Swansea many times, usually staying over at a mates house who goes to Uni there. Unfortunately, last time we went, someone let off a powder fire extinguisher in his kitchen, so we're no longer welcome.

Anyway, Swansea night life is a good chuckle if you can put up with it being riddled with students. Wouldnt be able to tell you where to go, because I can barely remember where I've been myself, but stay clear of Oceana (obviously).

Yeah, staying at the Premier Inn on Wind St. Anyone got any more info on the nightlife ?

Swansea nightlife is very good to be fair, better than Cardiff IMO. The Premier Inn on Wind Street is as central as is actually possible I'd say. Wind Street (pronounced winde) is where most of the bars/clubs/restaurants are. Stay there and you'll have a good night, not so sure about a good nights kip though! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

While your in Swansea you have to go to Rossi`s Fish and Chip shop on Neath rd right next to liberty stadium, Is best cod and chips you will have anywhere. they allso do all the fashionable fish too for the posh among you, like monk fish, trout etc etc, but at normal working mans prices :P

Anybody staying over should have a constitutional morning walk along the sea front down the Mumbles, a fiver in a taxi from the centre of town will get you to the Mumbles. If you've got transport get yourself across to Caswell Bay, immense, and depending on weather some really good surf.

Anyone staying in the centre of town, it may not be obvious but you're quite close to the waterfront and harbour, you can go shopping for a yacht.

Lovely part of the world, just a very small warning on rugby loving jack dick heads if you go out drinking. Though my taffy accent is probably more of an issue for them than any Brummie accent.

Anybody remember that youtube hit a couple of years back of some tranny kickboxers getting picked on? I think that was the centre of Swansea.

The only time I've been to Swansea was with Shrewsbury Town for the last ever game at the Vetch Field. My memories of it were locals pelting the supporters coaches with stones, one small floor-to-roof netting dividing the two sets of fans and a pitch invasion at the end of the game where Swansea tried to get into Shrewsbury's end. Oh and a very annoying PA guy who tried everything in the book to gee the home fans up.

There were also more terraced houses round by that ground than Anfield. I'm sure their new ground is far different. Seemed an incredibly moody place, and they generally don't seem to like the English in my experience. All that said, I quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back this Sunday.

What are people that are staying doing on the Saturday Night??

Trying out my best Welsh accent by the sounds of things! Apparently Wind Street is the place to hit.

Certainly sounds like it eh :shock:

One of the lads I'm going with, his old man is Welsh, and told us to go to Cardiff (?!) to avoid trouble!! Not paying that Taxi Fare, just hope everything goes alright!

Advice I've been given is that people should stick to a proper looking pub i.e Yates', Wetherspoons etc. I think we're just gonna see what the feeling is and maybe go out properly but we'll have to see.

yeah they serve everything in plastic in those places...could be a wise idea that!

Swansea is a better night out than Cardiff imo. They Don't "hate the English" they have a massive student population with people coming from all over and never get any trouble. If you go out acting up then you will get trouble simple. If you go out and have a laugh and behave yourselves you will have a good night. It's like any City. If a group of pissed up Welsh lads came to Broad Street and started mouthing off and acting up I'm sure they get trouble. Like I said earlier stick to Wind Street and you'll have a good un :winkold:

Â