Final Fantasy

hogso

20 hours ago, hogso said:

Depends entirely on if you want KOTR before. Personally, I'd get it before. 

Got my Black Chocobo in about an hour (God bless x3 speed). Gonna catch me a Wonderful chocobo later. Easier than I remembered.

Knocked off the Gold Chocobo (raced to S class), Battle Arena (inc Special Battle for Final Attack) and picked up the world map materias with the Choco. Gonna head into the Sunken and have a while morphing sources before trying Ruby Weapon with the materia I've got.

Final Attack - Phoenix / Elemental - Hades / KOTR & Mime

HP and Speed Plus materias etc..

• 1 month later...
On 25/01/2019 at 11:47, Dante_Lockhart said:

Easy Plat for FF7. Completed FFIX since too, no chance of a Plat for that one! 1000 skip rope jumps? I can't even get past 30 bra'

I have a work mate who somehow made use of the remote play feature to get the game onto his laptop and ended up doing some rather naughty script-based nonsense to get 1160 jumps or so.  Apparently it's a lot harder these days with the likes of Bluetooth-based controllers adding input lag into the mix as well (for some reason I'd didn't pick it up on release and only touched it when there was a cheap event for the PS3 virtual store)

• 4 months later...

I guess they either found the source code, or have rebuilt the missing parts. Either way, pretty cool. I imagine this will open the door for a full on digital 7-13 pack, which is nice. 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I guess they either found the source code, or have rebuilt the missing parts. Either way, pretty cool. I imagine this will open the door for a full on digital 7-13 pack, which is nice. 

I'm secretly hoping they do the remaster spectacularly well, but then accidentally ship it with Steam's orginal midi soundtrack...

Really happy with this, 6-12 (minus 11 obviously) along with Crystal Chronicles are my favourite run of consecutive games ever and provide me with so many memories of growing up.

If VI ever gets a switch release then I'll explode.

Edited by Ingram85

I think FFVIII is comfortably my least favourite PS1 era FF game. It was way too easy for a start, which was a consequence of the Draw system. And the less said about Squall the better, although at this point (and in subsequent spin offs like World of Final Fantasy) he's a caricature of himself and is actually quite entertaining. 

On 11/06/2019 at 08:41, CardiffGreens said:

I'm secretly hoping they do the remaster spectacularly well, but then accidentally ship it with Steam's orginal midi soundtrack...

Confirmed to be the original audio

These guys are dealing with the remaster work. Whew. Still unclear exactly what has changed to enable a 'HD' version now, the best guess seems to be SE have used assets from the (horrible ported) PC version to fill some gaps. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2018 at 12:06, Dante_Lockhart said:

I know I can Mime-Counter Emerald with Omnislash 7 times. Easy peasy.

Ruby though, I think I'll need KOTR to get through it. I suppose the 3x speed will help with the racing and breeding.

Counter + KOTR + MP Absorb attacks paired with Ultima + Elemental in your armor = the most piss-easy, automatic loop to bitch-slapping Ruby back to the sand dunes from whence he came.  You'll never run out of MP auto-casting KOTR, and every single Ruby counter-attack heals you.  You can pretty much just leave the controller and go grab a bite to eat.

• 1 month later...
Â