Final Fantasy

hogso

One of my old favourites is getting a remaster for PS4 and Switch.

Gamecube curio Crystal Chronicles. I think I was one of about 7 people who actually played the damned thing on release. Weird game but some of the best locations in ff games for me. The opening fishing/harbour town was so beautiful. Tempted to get a PS4 for this again.

Well this is interesting...

086914.jpg

A very exciting announcement has recently come to light that will be sure to have long-time and newer fans of the Final Fantasy series very excited. Will Tuttle, Xbox Wire Editor in Chief, dropped the news on the Xbox Wire website and has announced that a collection of Final Fantasy titles will be coming to the Xbox One over the coming few months.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34446/multiple-classic-final-fantasy-titles-coming-to-the-xbox-one

The continued saga of there being no 'HD' FF VIII is disappointing, but the opportunity to play FF VII on a Nintendo console given the development history of the game is pretty cool. In addition to the above games, there's also going to be Crystal Chronicles and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon on Switch. World of Final Fantasy (in this case the 'updated' Maxima version) is a great little game if any fanboys haven't had the chance to play it yet.

11 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Any idea when ff7 remake will surface?

In short, no. 

CyberConnect2 (.hack, a whole bunch of Naruto games, and Tail Concerto, which some PS1 JRPG fans may recall fondly) were working on it, then SE brought it all back in house, presumably because they weren't happy with the way things were progressing. It's been very quiet since then. At this point, a Q4 2019 release of episode one would be a reasonable suggestion, but there's absolutely no guarantees. Will it even be on current gen hardware? 

11 minutes ago, hogso said:

In short, no. 

CyberConnect2 (.hack, a whole bunch of Naruto games, and Tail Concerto, which some PS1 JRPG fans may recall fondly) were working on it, then SE brought it all back in house, presumably because they weren't happy with the way things were progressing. It's been very quiet since then. At this point, a Q4 2019 release of episode one would be a reasonable suggestion, but there's absolutely no guarantees. Will it even be on current gen hardware? 

My bets at this point are that the remake will not be on current-gen systems in any form.

To me there is zero point releasing episode one on PS4 when episode two and three will be on PS5. I know the next-gen systems will be backwards compatible at launch more than likely, but why release one part on inferior hardware.

They should wait and have the trilogy of releases all on one platform.  

I haven't. I like the DQ games, and appreciate the difference in tone when you compare them to FF or SMT, for example. 

Unfortunately I just can't justify a full price purchase at the moment, I have a catalogue of great games that I simply need to finish (or at least start!) before I buy anything else...particularly a game like this, which will take many hours to finish properly. 

I've heard great things tho. If you're a trophy hunter I've also heard they're fair, and achievable without too much strain, unlike recent FF releases! 

Yeah I’m going through a phase at the moment of wanting all the games, but I just don’t get that much time to play them now and have to stop myself. Will be keeping my eye out for the sales though.

• 1 month later...

I picked up the cheap as chips FFVII offer on the PS Store. (Also got FFIX whilst I was there, both for £17.00)

Having a blast again. Amazing how much info you retain (steals, drops, enemy skill etc...) Just got through the Mythril Mines. Might get Yuffie then grind some Limits out in the Mines.

x3 speed is a GODSEND

Everyone has their 3b limit break (inc Yuffie). Onward to Fort Condor! Probably a bit over-levelled now but meh, I've completed this game loads of times.

Cloud, Aeris and Yuffie venture forth. Aeris will get replaced with Red or Barrett when the time comes. Not decided yet. Tifa can stuff off, hate her roulette wheel Limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyones T4 limits sorted. Just going round mopping up some side quests and stuff before descending into the North Crater.

Can I be arsed with Chocobo Breeding or shall I just power through Ruby and Emerald with what I've got and get the Gold Chocobo that way? @hogso

Â