Final Fantasy

hogso

I watched KG which I quite enjoyed.

I do have the Season Pass so will probably end up playing the character DLC.

But yeah, ending was a real let down. I expected some sort of FMV with the world rebuilding - certain characters moving on with their lives etc...

I'm having more fun post game on FFXV than I was during the story.

Just been exploring and getting the last few Royal Arms. 1 left (Costlemark) so will be heading there tonight. Once that's done I might start Prompto or Glad DLC.

I wouldn't mind the android version so much if they hadn't changed the graphics.

I'm waiting for the goty edition before going back to ffxv. I got about halfway last time before moving on. 

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm having more fun post game on FFXV than I was during the story.

Just been exploring and getting the last few Royal Arms. 1 left (Costlemark) so will be heading there tonight. Once that's done I might start Prompto or Glad DLC.

Costlemark isn't too bad, just one annoying bit. 

You gonna try and clear...Pitioss *shudder*

• 4 weeks later...

Installed ff12 earlier, was just getting settled in to have a session when the missus interfered. I've had to drive my mother about instead. 

Read up a little bit on the job system, all a little bit overwhelming at the minute. 

35 minutes ago, V01 said:

Installed ff12 earlier, was just getting settled in to have a session when the missus interfered. I've had to drive my mother about instead. 

Read up a little bit on the job system, all a little bit overwhelming at the minute. 

You're in for a treat :) Great game. Job system will all make sense once you get into it. Want any tips or you just heading into it and learning as you go?

I enjoyed XV far more than I should have, I think. Fan boy that I am, I got caught up in the hype before release...and was disappointed for the first couple of hours. Once it opens up though, I had an absolute blast. I really should go back to it, I didn't ping level 120, some of the high level hunts I didn't finish off, and I kinda just want to bomb around in the car and eat good food...

XV was decent and likely far better now that most if not all the DLC is out. 

My issue with XV is that I was one of the fools that bought it on launch where it was vastly incomplete and lacking in areas. There were glaring moments where it was clear story and gameplay had been cut to sell it as DLC Episodes later.

Then there was the issue of the director stating they would patch in cutscenes and patch in story to make certain areas that were shit more fun to play.

Despite that XV was decent, but after completing it I was left with a slight sour taste in my mouth as it dawned on me that I paid £50 to beta test a game that will be 100x better for those that buy it today.

I'll replay XV, but at this point I'll wait for PC version and play what will likely be the definitive edition both content wise and visually. 

I enjoyed XV but the way the open world was structured was poor, made it feel unfinished(which apparently it was). There's only 1 maybe 2 points where the world is truly open. And the story missed the spot for me as well could have been much better if they had actually slowed it down and created the backstory better( ending in particular) 

I think like hogso I got too caught up in hype, it's an enjoyable game.

Edited by jjaacckk91

28 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

XV, whilst it has flaws, was pretty fun to play. Yes there are a lot of story holes, and the majority of quests are of the fetch variety, but fun non-the-less.

Tips are welcome, gonna go for the platinum trophy. Hoping the speed mode will cut down any grinding. 

4 minutes ago, V01 said:

Tips are welcome, gonna go for the platinum trophy. Hoping the speed mode will cut down any grinding. 

Few tips off the top of my head without revealing any story spoilers.

Steal gambit is your friend. If you have Foe: HP 100% = Steal set up you'll rack up items, and gold, quickly. Take the time to set your gambits too. Ally: Health <60% = Cure/Potion for example. Don't worry about using items, they're plentiful.

Don't buy a licence for anything you can't yet equip. You're better off either waiting to spend the points or go a different path. I always try and head for Swiftness licences as early as possible.

Plan your builds. If you're going for platinum I THINK you'll need to use each job so you can't duplicate jobs (i.e. have 2 Monks). I can give you some optimal set-ups that will get you through the game with minimal fuss if you like.

If you're playing for a challenge then DON'T touch Trials until you've completed the game. You can get some hella overpowered weapons and accessories pretty early on.

On 11/07/2017 at 10:54, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm at work and can't play it yet. Planning my builds.

Ashe: Knight / Time Mage
Balthier: Machinist / White Mage
Vaan: Hunter / Breaker
Penelo: Monk / Black Mage
Basch: Samurai / Uhlan
Fran: Archer / Red Mage

Saw this setup suggested due to weapon speed or something like that, been stuck out all day.

Ashe: Time Battle Mage / Uhlan
Balthier: Bushi / Knight
Vaan: Red Battle Mage/ Archer
Penelo:  White Mage / Machinist
Basch:  Shikari / Foebreaker
Fran: Black Mage / Monk

Missus is taking the nipper to her swimming lesson soon so I can get started. 

4 hours ago, V01 said:

Saw this setup suggested due to weapon speed or something like that, been stuck out all day.

Ashe: Time Battle Mage / Uhlan
Balthier: Bushi / Knight
Vaan: Red Battle Mage/ Archer
Penelo:  White Mage / Machinist
Basch:  Shikari / Foebreaker
Fran: Black Mage / Monk

Missus is taking the nipper to her swimming lesson soon so I can get started. 

Swap Penelo and Fran

Was there any reason for swapping them?

Got any tips for gambits? I've covered the obvious stuff. 

auto phoenix down and cures at the top of the list, attacks below, haven't got many buffs yet.

Fran generally has the lowest overall stats so would benefit more from the Gun mechanic. Penelo has one of the highest magic stats so would be nuking enemies with black magic early on. She's one of the best BM users.

I've put a couple of hours into XV now.

...I kinda like it. It's not a Final Fantasy game as I would know it, but equally isn't the horrific middle ground XII was. It's also very good looking. Main downside so far seems to be you're dropped into the middle of a story that seems to have already been running for a while (I guess that's where the movie comes in).

Looking forward to seeing where it goes and how much weirder it gets. 

Â