Final Fantasy

hogso

On 10/04/2017 at 10:49, hogso said:

Naw, they'll be there, you've just got to search around the area a bit, and make sure you have a spare potion/antidote to cure them. There's quite a few of those rescue missions dotted around.

Also buy a few 'repair kits' from the Hammerhead store, and stop by any broken down cars at the side of the road. Easy EXP at the start of the game.

Found him, finally, hidden away in a rock formation behind some tall grass. Would help if the voice you're meant to follow actually worked though!

Purchased some repair kits too. Completed 5 hunts and am level 8 now. Gonna head down to the Quay to carry out the Pauper Prince quest now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BIG update out yesterday (8+ GB) for the Episode Prompto DLC, but it also including the ability to turn the Regalia in to a MONSTER TRUCK. Try it out, it's fun. The camera completely breaks when you execute a jump, but I don't think it'd be quite as much fun if it worked properly.

Not done anything else on FFXV since posting, still on chapter 8. FF12 in a few days so FFXV probably won't be picked up again until I've had my wicked way with Captain Basch.

Only one more sleep until my second favourite final fantasy game gets re released! I'm excited and can't wait for it, I loved it originally and looking forward to getting stuck into it again in HD. 

• Like 1

I'm at work and can't play it yet. Planning my builds.

Ashe: Knight / Time Mage
Balthier: Machinist / White Mage
Vaan: Hunter / Breaker
Penelo: Monk / Black Mage
Basch: Samurai / Uhlan
Fran: Archer / Red Mage

One of only three Final Fantasy games I have not completed - not counting the online games ofc and a few obsure ones such as the Legend games (although technically not FF games). I should probably buy it, but haven't. I'll get it at some point, probably after I've finished with P5. Which could still be a while.

Edited by hogso

I read that they've moved all the chests and/or contents and stuff in this version, which was basically the most useful thing in the old piggyback guide - which I still have. Would have been nice to make use of it again! I guess the maps might still be worth looking at though.

How much have they changed the hunts? If at all.

Edited by hogso

I don't think the hunts have been changed. I know they've tweaked some of the RNG stuff with chests, and the Zodiac spear chest fiasco is removed, the spear can only be gotten in the Hennes mines I think it is now. No more avoiding chests in case you lock yourself out of getting it.

2 jobs mean everyone has their role, no more duplicates of party members which I like.

Trial mode looks good, and it seems your LP and XP, as well as the rewards, carry over to your game save so the next time you load up the game you'll have everything you unlocked during trial.

I really really didn't get on with XII. I still own it (and the hardback guide) but just disliked it intensely. I think the change to the combat system completely threw me off and I didn't much like the world it made, but I'm not sure why.

I'd kinda like to give it another go just to see what it was, but there's no way I'm committing to a Final Fantasy game these days.

Its a bit blurry looking isn't it :wacko:

They've done a great job on updating the characters, they look great but some of the texture work on the locations and surrounding stuff is a bit lacking, at times, atrocious. Floor, carpet and wall textures look awful.

I appreciate its an old game but I feel they did a 100x better job on X/X-2 HD?

@Ingram85 Yeah the shading and stuff is a bit off on the close-ups of the faces etc... but it's not bothering me that much. The only thing that annoys me is that 'X' brings up the battle menu and is also used for opening chests/doors, so I'm ending up getting annoyed with the menu opening whilst trying to loot!

I just had a bit of a run around last night on it. Got Vaan and Penelo to level 5, been chaining wolves and hyenas for loot and gil, got better armour for them now and a nice stock of potions. Just got the sunstone so heading to do the Thextera hunt before Penelo buggers off again. Not going to do any of the early game boosts this time round (Dustia farming, steal the Gladius etc...). Just gonna play through it as I would if I didn't know any of the tricks.

Iirc it's what made it so divisive.

My brain just looks at it and recoils viscerally. It's not Final Fantasy. It's something else. The battle system feels like what you'd feel like playing Street Fighter in handcuffs whilst wearing mittens. Whilst also having the game play itself.

...Shudder.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Iirc it's what made it so divisive.

Without doubt! 

It didn't help that some of the more flexible gambits only become available later on in the game. But yes, it is basically a programming language that you have to write yourself. 

It took me a long time to come to terms with, although I do remember it clicking at some point, at which time I did start to enjoy it. 

It's the story and characters that caused me not to finish it. Cos as far as I remember, there literally aren't either. 

I've lost myself in Ivalice.

Just got to the Dynast-King's tomb. Let's teach that Demon Wall a lesson in manners. Avg party level 25. Rocking up with Vaan (Shikari), Ashe (Knight) and Fran (Red Battlemage).

Â