Final Fantasy

hogso

Nope nor me. Don't think I've ever failed learning it in all my playthroughs.

Not showing off since I'm not that great of a gamer, I just thought it was pretty straight forward?

What I didn't get at first was they give you a tutorial, showing directions to press for prompts. What I didn't get wast hat you had to watch for something totally different from the "practice" run. Why make me practice something then completely change what those prompts look like with no explanation, I had no idea you were meant to press in the direct of random words on the screen. Before I knew what was going on it was over, like much of FF games it was all a bit random what was going on & the sequnce went by quickly.

Maybe I missed something explaining that & no it wasn't hard. Didn't say it was, my issue is that it didn't make any sense....at first to me.

I did just genuinely fall asleep during the blitzball tutorial though. 

Edited by mightysasquatch

Some more FFXV has come out from a Game Informer preview, most notably for me is that the radio in the car plays remixes of FF tunes. That is pretty cool man.

I enjoyed the platinum demo, it was fun, different and lovely to look at. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the shoddy frame rate at times.

Good little taster though.

Was FF XII HD remaster ever confirmed or is it still a whispered rumour?

The only one I never really sunk my teeth into and I'd love to give it another go.

Edited by Ingram85

Nope, nothing on it. As I alluded to on the last page though, it'll turn up on Steam before anywhere else, and hasn't yet so...it'll be a while yet.

FFX/X-2 remaster, you'd assume that they'd get the same guys to do FFXII too. Suppose with FF7 getting revamped it's on the back burner.

Hopefully if they DO do one the sound quality will be improved. I understand it was compressed originally.

FFIX is out on Steam now. Next up is gonna be FFX/X-2, and from there...it's gotta be XII. It has all the mainline games from III-XIV, including the IV sequel and the XIII spin off's, and even Type-0 HD. XII is a gaping hole.

There's no suggestion that VIII and IX will appear on PSN for PS4 yet, but I think they will, eventually. Unfortunately I think it'll be a good 18 months or so before we see XII pop up somewhere else.

Edited by hogso

played the demo...really not feeling it, get the comments about KH straight away, not sure if it was the world or the gameplay that i wasnt keen on, did at times think that if they could put the FF7 world in to the same engine it could work (and it would be absolutely huge so maybe with the episode stuff they are?) the combat to me felt really soft, needs more weight and clunkiness , dunno if it needs better controller response or what but it lacked bite

The Platinum Demo does an awful job of showing off the combat, it's actually very, very decent. As for FF7R being built in the same engine, sure hope so! 

Played the Platinum demo yesterday and I really liked it. I think the world they've created and the whole dreamscape thing lends itself to a plethora of imaginative scenarios. Looking forward to seeing more of it in future.

• 3 weeks later...

FFX/X-2 Remaster is on Steam this Thursday, exactly 4 weeks after FFIX. Now, if only they could be as quick as to annouce what is next - VIII and then IX on PSN, or XII on PSN and Steam.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they perhaps somewhat surprisingly didn't take their time about it - FFXII HD confirmed for release next year. Next year is very vague, it'll probably be Q3/4, but it's very good news regardless.

The usual - updated visuals, reworked soundtrack, some cheats and speed mode included. It's full title will be Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age HD. This is because the game will be the 'International' version which we got in the west, but wasn't released in Japan.

Â