Final Fantasy

hogso

• 2 weeks later...

Great being about to play FF8 again after all these years. Amazing how much I remember.

Just got Brothers GF and got Squall his Lionheart weapon, spent ages playing cards and getting every top notch magics for junctioning. 3x speed is a god send.

As always, a DF video well worth a look if you either already have or are considering getting the new FFVIII release - or indeed if you're just hard for these sorts of things 

A shame that there's a real impact on gameplay. Haven't got it myself yet (for too busy with Trails of Cold Steel), and as disappointing as some of the above is, the boosters are a real boon. I may well just want to refresh my memories of the story (admittedly this is far from my favourite FF game), and what better way to do it than being basically invincible at 3 times speed. 

Now remake FF Tactics! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Silence on all enemies iirc? Pretty useless. At least the game made up for it in the  'summon which inflicts status debuffs' stakes with Doomtrain

• 1 month later...

I finished XV yesterday.

I hadn't played it for about a year so completely lost, and then discovered I was literally about 5 hours from the end when I stopped.

It's... It's a Thing I guess. The plot is appalling and the combat is... weird. It's pretty. And that's about it.

42 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I finished XV yesterday.

I hadn't played it for about a year so completely lost, and then discovered I was literally about 5 hours from the end when I stopped.

It's... It's a Thing I guess. The plot is appalling and the combat is... weird. It's pretty. And that's about it.

I honestly think my favourite part was being able to buy the soundtracks from the other games in the series. I'd purposely drive the long way to places just to hear more of the soundtrack from particular games, especially IX.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating a playthrough of FFIX again, but a speed run to try and get Excalibur before the 12 hour mark. Surely x3 speed is going to be a big help with this, I just might have to run under-leveled with no encounters on too.

• 2 weeks later...

playing 9 on game pass, since the lockdown started I've done 8 and 7 remake, im probably enjoying 9 more than both, didn't really enjoy playing 8 again for some reason but 9 (which is maybe the one I played the least out of 7 - 10) is ticking the box big time, its jumped to 2nd on the list behind 7, got a better appreciation for the skill learning which I cant remember from playing it previously, remake has helped that, and I think treno is one of my favourite FF towns

triple triad is still dogshit in it though and its incredibly slow, also steiner annoys me which I don't remember, I've just escaped Alexandria so I have the 2 shite characters still to join (ive already got quina who is an awful character) so its not perfect, honestly cant remember the end of it

Quina is awful as far as the narrative goes? Yeah, I think it's indicative of how likeable Vivi and Zidane are. Awful as a character in battle though, not so much, blue magic is potentially very very useful. 

It's a great game. Possibly my favourite FF soundtrack too. 

Finally got the FF7R plat today. I'd 100%'d it (and by that I mean everything in the play log), which left the hard mode and pride and joy trophies. 

93 hours in the end, didn't dream I'd spend anything like that on it before release. I also did the final VR thing (Top Secrets) in 5 minutes 32 seconds, which I'd like to think is indicative of how well down I had the battle mechanics by the end. The final hit was a Tifa uppercut which says it all! 

Might give Viii Remastered a run at some point soon. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I've got to that shit point on Ff9 where I've done around 75% of stuff, learned everything, got all the weapons bar the ultimate ones, started the chocographs but not gone nuts, not done ozma, got around half of the cards, I can end the game in about 3 hours or I can pile 20 hours in to it and do it all

And the last of us is arriving on Friday... 

I've really enjoyed replaying it, don't think I can stomach the chocographs and I'm not sold on skipping a few weeks and returning

Might look at the trophies and see if I create a second save file 

Ranking the 3 I've played this year I'd say FF7 remake was a 8/10, Ff8 was a 7/10 and Ff9 was a 9/10 the only thing that holds it back is the pace of it has aged badly and the side quests aren't that good, playing all 3 of them (and hopefully 7 soon on games pass) has given me a better understanding of how shallow the rpg elements of 8 whereas previously it was my favourite game 

Now do vagrant story you bastards! 

Edited by villa4europe

Â