Ballon d'Or 2011

The_Rev

The Ballon D'or: who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. The Ballon D'or: who will win?

• Leo Messi
    • Somebody else

Messi and Ronaldo both looking at 50+ again this season. (23 in 18 and 19 in 17 respectively) I remember when 30 in a season used to be good

When the league was competitive.......

When your team scores 4 or 5 pretty much every game it diminishes the achievement somewhat...

Current odds. I dont even know why they are bothering this year.

Messi 1/9 C Ronaldo 11/2 Xavi 20/1

A Iniesta 25/1 W Rooney 33/1 L Suarez 66/1

G Pique 100/1 S Aguero 100/1 I Casillas 100/1

M Ozil 125/1 X Alonso 150/1 T Muller 150/1

B Schweinsteiger 150/1 D Forlan 150/1 K Benzema 200/1

D Villa 200/1 D Alves 200/1 E Abidal 200/1

C Fabregas 200/1 W Sneijder 250/1 Neymar 250/1

S Eto'o 250/1 Nani 400/1

Typical FIFA crap.

its not voted by FIFA. am sure its either journalists or international coaches

Correct. It was always voted for by journalists until last year when FIFA dropped their world player of the year award and merged with the Ballon d'Or (presumably because they realised what we all knew, and the Ballon d'Or was the more prestigious award) so 2010 was the first year of the "new" version of this award. The only real difference now is that the captain of each international side also gets a vote.

I stand corrected. Still seems overloaded with La Liga players compared to the Premiership (or any other league for that matter) though.

My vote would go to Messi too. And the fact that I really dislike Ronaldo makes it easier. But as a player one can't dismiss Ronaldos record either. But Messi probably edges it anyway. The one thing that I can think of that puts Ronaldo in the driving seat is their individual international career. From what I've seen, which isn't that much btw, Ronaldo has been far better for Portugal than Messi's been for Argentina.

Â