Dilemma - Advice required - Advice given - Bet made

Dante_Lockhart

*inb4wrongun*

Now that's out of the way... ex contacted me last night via text. Had a bit of a natter and the usual 'hows you, hows the family etc...' then it got a bit flirty and before long the conversation went on to we should hook up for a dirty weekend of sex, booze and more sex.

Now, believe me, I'd jump her in a second. She was hot. However we broke up for a reason and to be honest I'm still not totally over her and I think this would do more harm than good (Even though I haven't had sex in over a year I'm still leaning towards saying no). It sounds very appealing though.

We broke up mainly because I couldn't trust her and I think she wanted a bit of time to be single. She was always going out and not coming back home until the early hours, sometimes not until the next day. Part of me believes she was cheating and I still resent her for that. But sex with a hot girl and she says nothing more really has me torn.. What would you do?

Are you insane??!! You've not had sex for over a year and you are thinking about this?

This sounds like a weekend of No Strings Attached sex with a hot girl. If you try and distance any emotion you had then you will have an immense weekend!

Get in there and DHUTWU

If you can keep it to just sex then hell yeas go for it. However if you know emotions will get stirred up and feelings will be unerthed and involved walk away. Be wise about it. Ive hooked up with exs afterwards and it has worked but there is one I would never ever do it with as my feelings would get challenged and theres a possibility hers could and it gets messy. Theres plenty of opportunity for casual sex with the risk

Sounds to me as if you know it will stir up feelings and questions so Id avoid it, but just my opinon

I went through the exact same thing not so long ago, word for word.

I opted for yes, and after said weekend, we actually dated again for a week, infact things seemlessly went back to how they were 'before'... BUT - now she's gone back to being a clown and it's just made everything worse and done no favours for my general mood, having previously been on the cusp of 'happily getting on with life'.

What would you do?

Her, with condoms.

Don't get too wishy washy emotional drunk.

Have fun.

Walk away at the end on good terms.

If you consider any of the above to be a problem, don't go there.

Fairy muff. :) As much as it pains me to don the sensible hat in this situation (and as much as I want to agree with kidlewis' quite superb suggestion), you should steer well clear. If you're not over her, then it won't be strings-free sex and you'll probably never get over her.

No, best to consign this one to yer spank bank alongside ol' Mary Jane Rottencrotch and move on.

If it was just the one night then maybe you could just "love her and leave her" but as its a weekend then you're going to be playing boyfriend and girlfriend to a degree which is just going to muddy the water.

Compromise, invite her round for some alcohol and action. Then call her a cab and continue to ignore her.

Well done Dante you did the right thing.

As she is hot she definately wants something from you as she could easily get a mindless screw with someone else. Therefore she is either after someting emotionally or materialistically from you.

God, I have turned cynical!

Â