Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'll be there, R5 as usual (Lower North really is the place to be). Really do need to win this one as we have a shocking run of fixtures coming up. I doubt Jenas will start, but he might add something (I say more in hope than expectation).

I don't want to get carried away with the 'No Hutton or Collins' because I fear I'll just be disappointed.

If I expected one positive from McLeish, it was that I'd stop shitting myself at 1-0 up, but it's exactly the same so far. I reckon we need a couple of early goals.

Also, 20% off everything (I think) from the Villa store before K.O, if you want to get some Christmas shopping done.

My team. It'll never happen, but it's what I'd play

Given

Cuellar   Dunne   Clark

Agbonlahor    Petrov   Bannan   Herd     Delph

^^>

Ireland     Bent

Go Brazil on their ass. 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 are just cancelling teams out at any level below the top 4. We should be a bit clever and use our strengths.

Centre back 3 all good in the air to take care of set pieces and long balls.

2 wingers with the speed and engine to be able to track back and help out in defence.

3 in the middle so 2 can go forward while one stays back, or either can push out to the wings to provide support to the wing-backs.

Ireland was born a Libero. Play him as one.

Bent as the ponta da lança as always.

Given

Cuellar   Dunne   Clark

^^>

Ireland     Bent

Go Brazil on their ass. 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 are just cancelling teams out at any level below the top 4. We should be a bit clever and use our strengths.

2 wingers with the speed and engine to be able to track back and help out in defence.

3 in the middle so 2 can go forward while one stays back, or either can push out to the wings to provide support to the wing-backs.

we would get whacked with that line up :lol:

Gabby as a full back?

The last time a British side played 352 was when England got dicked in Croatia.

Also Warnock doesnt need dropping.

(all IMO ofcourse)

I remeber when villa played that way under Gregory. worked okay back then but I dont think it would work now, especially with ireland up top and Delph on the wing???????????? :lol:

I have to admit there's a part of me that wishes for a string of piss poor results to force Lerner's hand and bring in a decent manager..
For a start that wont happen and secondly even if Lerner sacked Mcleish I wouldn't trust him to employ a decent replacement, it's not like he has a good track record there.

Stop the presses it's the first time I've agreed with anything Richard has said!

as much as norwich are clearly decent and I would rather have their manager, I think we'll surprise ourselves and not be too shit on saturday and come away with a win. 2-1. We'll concede from a set piece, probably score a penalty that's soft but is awarded to us to make up for the horrendous bullshit of the herd sending off, and gabby will at some point inject a rare instance of pace and surprise to score a 2nd in what will undoubtedly be a thoroughly soporific affair.

Given

Cuellar   Dunne   Clark

^^>

Ireland     Bent

Paul Lambert would eat that formation for breakfast!

There's a reason no-one plays 3-5-2 anymore

Given

Cuellar   Dunne   Clark

^^>

Ireland     Bent

Paul Lambert would eat that formation for breakfast!

There's a reason no-one plays 3-5-2 anymore

Yep, they're too scared to change from anything other than what looks like a 442 or a 451.

Not picking on your post specifically, but unfortunately all the negative responses to trying something different shows just why managers in this country aren't able to change it around or implement their own systems. There was a massive resistance to Liverpool changing to a passing game in the 70s by the fans wanting them to get it forward and not piss about. People still moan on here about Petrov going sideways all the time as well as in the grounds there are moans if we keep possession but have to go backwards. It's ludicrous.

I remember us playing 2-2-6 and all variations in between at various times last season. Thankfully no-one noticed or there would have been an outcry.