• Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for N'Zogbia 87)

Its a far cry from the type of football Houllier was building at the club.
That's about the only thing to be thankful for. IIRC, Hoiullier delivered us two 0-1 defeats against Sunderland last season.
Not saying Houllier was some great manager, but I really don't see how we can be thankful that Houllier is gone and McLeish is in because so far we haven't imrpoved at all.

The loss/change of manager is not the problem.

We lost Young and Downing. Thats the problem.

Losing Young and Downing were big big losses . Our summer transfer window was shambles (signing Given aside) .

But appointing McLeish was always a very dumb thing to do.

There was plenty of actually available ppl around as well!

I still don't know why or how we ever appointed him .

What a **** brainwave of Randy's .

It was bloody obvious what the football was going to be like under him. No one wanted him here and whilst he hasn't done terribly result wise playing **** Heskey in midfield and not being able to organise the defense for set plays is hardly going to endeer him to ppl any time soon

We play like Birmingham did.

That's about the only thing to be thankful for. IIRC, Hoiullier delivered us two 0-1 defeats against Sunderland last season.
Not saying Houllier was some great manager, but I really don't see how we can be thankful that Houllier is gone and McLeish is in because so far we haven't imrpoved at all.

Of course losing Young and Downing has hit us hard, especially because we haven't bought adequate replacements.

But losing them doesn't excuse the abysmal loss of concentration during every **** set piece and the inability to hold on to a lead for longer than five seconds.

Of course losing Young and Downing has hit us hard, especially because we haven't bought adequate replacements.

But losing them doesn't excuse the abysmal loss of concentration during every **** set piece and the inability to hold on to a lead for longer than five seconds.

Indeed. It just seems like the team's natural reaction to scoring a goal is to concede, even more now than ever before. When we score I actually don't get that excited anymore because I know it's an almost certainty that we'll concede again.

Not long back. Conceding late was obviously a kick in the bollocks but having had time to reflect on the game on the way back I thought we did well and deserved the 3 points and would have had them had Bent not had another nightmare in front of goal.

Stan was man of the match. Another great strike, set up the second and his all round game was excellent.

I am confident McLeish will iron out the defensive errors and if Bent can also get his act together then we'll be OK.

I am confident McLeish will iron out the defensive errors
What makes you confident of that?

He doesn't have an abundance of them but a strong point of McLeish is that he knows how to organise a defence. Blues were shit last season but still had a better defensive record than us and in his only other full season managing in the Prem they had a very good defensive record.

Its further up the park that McLeish's where with all worries me. Although that would be helped if Bent wasn't playing so poorly

He doesn't have an abundance of them but a strong point of McLeish is that he knows how to organise a defence. Blues were shit last season but still had a better defensive record than us and in his only other full season managing in the Prem they had a very good defensive record.

Its further up the park that McLeish's where with all worries me. Although that would be helped if Bent wasn't playing so poorly

Def agree - A lot of the top managers have decent Background staff - Mclesih does not really have this.

If he knows how to organise a defence then how come we can't stop leaking goals, specifically from set-pieces? You were crucifying Houllier for the defence last season (completely understandable) yet we haven't really improved at all in that department.

Our play is so predictable...

Pass back.. pass back... hoof from defence.. and probably the odd attack with Hutton pushing forward then taking ages to get back and being out of position.

Boring, predictable rubbish.

Also I thought McLeish said he would work on set piece training? what nonsense, yet another goal conceeded via set piece.. defensively solid? what a joke.

Who was marking Sessegnon? Collins? Let's see if McLeish drops him then.

Pass back.. pass back... hoof from defence.. and probably the odd attack with Hutton pushing forward then taking ages to get back and being out of position.

Also I thought McLeish said he would work on set piece training? what nonsense, yet another goal conceeded via set piece.. defensively solid? what a joke.

What do you expect...!

We have 0 money, 0 ambition and 0 quality players....!

The PL is finished in my opinion unless you support one of the big 2 clubs then its OK.

I guess City and United do need teams to play against week in week out....!

just seen highlights and i am so gutted not to get 3 points especially with the goal coming so late.

** Bent missed a great chance today and he has to be scoring them. he had enough time to power and place it right but yet again misses a great chance. must do better

** Heskey in midfield is ridiculous WHY WHY WHY??? what does he offer there. all heskey can offer us now is coming off the bench for the last 10 mins and hold the ball up. surely clark, ireland, delph or jenas is better there. it was also heskeys pass that led to there first goal(that was not a foul on nzogbia) and then they pass it round him as he offers no cover. do NOT want to see him in the 1st team next week.

** defence wise dont know what to say really dunne, collins, warnock was part of the defence that was great in the MON era but now i dont know if there getting on, not been trained correctly or just not good enough anymore. its just not working. this is what led to there 2nd goal with collins not tracking his man properly and in the 90th minute surely when you have the lead thats when you make sure no one gets in front of you

** overall it doesnt sound like were the most interesting team to watch over 90 mins but were getting most the job done just need to stop conceeding. once again we need the win against norwich.

What do you expect...!

The PL is finished in my opinion unless you support one of the big 2 clubs then its OK.

Appointing a decent manager would be a good start..

What do you expect...!

I expected a better manager than average McLeish to start with.. the football is boring, hoof ball nonsense and I expected us to win more games than we have already considering the teams we have played.

Now that he is here.. I expected McLeish to sort out the defence.. he has also had pre season to work with the team; something the previous manager never had and sort everything out.. there has been no improvement in terms of conceeding from set pieces and even general play.

Â